Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
162.5 is my Bear minimum, get it? Yeah, I'm at work at 3am again. Anyway, if she's there I'd like one more run.
Cheeseman tomorrow.
Joe
Call me cause I'll be sleeping without internet
303 594 9733

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hey Joe,

It's gonna have to rain, rain, rain for Bear. Mtn. Buzz gauge is off. Water talk is the way to go. Thinkin about lake tommorrow. Might head up this evening if I can get some people. Not sure about cheese.

Kent

·
Registered
619 Posts
Joe-

We ran it this past friday afternoon and the level on the eddyflower site said ~130 cfs. It is lower than that now and when we ran it, it was below a minimum level. We ran everything from the put in to the take out and there were some great sections but there were some very sketchy sections including one very dangerous rapid that sent you into a sieve if you missed your line by an inch. We had fun but I wouldn't recommend it and in fact I BROKE MY BOAT! I cracked my 9 year old Necky Blunt and thought that boat was invincible.....but chalk 1 more up for Bear. What a bitch-a-thane river!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I can't remember exactly where it is....maybe before no fun.....but the river funnels over to river left, there are a lot of willows on either side, you can't see the problem area until it is too late but once you enter the rapid you see that the entire river flows into a pyramid shaped rock. If you go left, you are good but will most likely hit the pyramid rock, if you go right you will most likely broach and have a hard time recovering (if at all).

·
Registered
323 Posts
It's probably that rapid at a left bend with the big fan shaped roosterhead that you see at the top. That thing is a peice of shit even at good flows. I've never liked my lines through it. If you do run it at 130, takeout at the dam as the willows section probably pretty thick now and its even mankier than the stuff above.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She's way below runnable. Big T is out too. Cheeseman? Kent I might be in for lake - call me back.
Joe

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hey Joe. Not that interested in Cheesman. I don't have to be back in Denver until thursday. Probrably going to head up to the ark valley tommorrow. I really wan't to run lake creek. Would like to hook up with someone who knows the lines. Anybody in BV up for lake tommorrow afternoon?

Bear Creek gauge on Eddy flower isnt' the right one. Refer to water talk. As of now Bear is out. Unless we get alot of rain, it won't be in. If anyone wan'ts to grind down Bailey, I'd be up for that this evening.

Kent

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I am up for lake if we dont hit the downspike. let me know when you are in town - the next couple of days if I plan it right I can go about any time.

Could tonight work for you -- it rained here all night clear creek is over 120 so they should pump tonight.

I will send you a pm give me a call

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Also the am is better. I did a run about 2 pm on sat with no water and on sunday about 10 am it was sweet..... They have been pumping in the am.... so a run about 9 or 10 am would be best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts