Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall,

I did Bear yesterday with Kent. It is still good to go, with a few extra rocks to boof, smack or work around. Lots of fun and no stress.

The Eddy-flower gauge is off for Bear Creek, but a call into Boatertalk puts it at 144 today.

I am boating around Denver this weekend if anyone wants to come along.

My first choice would be Empire to Dumont, but I could be talked into Bailey, SBC, Black Rock or Bear

Cliff

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey cliff what's up?
where do you put in when you say empire to dumont? are you running the west fork? what's it like at this flow? reply to this or call me.

Hey yall,

I did Bear yesterday with Kent. It is still good to go, with a few extra rocks to boof, smack or work around. Lots of fun and no stress.

The Eddy-flower gauge is off for Bear Creek, but a call into Boatertalk puts it at 144 today.

I am boating around Denver this weekend if anyone wants to come along.

My first choice would be Empire to Dumont, but I could be talked into Bailey, SBC, Black Rock or Bear

Cliff

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ben,

Yes it is the West Fork Clear Creek, but below the V/V+ you normally hear about.

We have been parking at the Ball field West of Jenny's in Empire & putting on there and floating down to Dumont. There is about a 1/4 mile stretch that I would rate at V- and that we always scout for wood before puttin on. The rest is narrow creeking class 3/4 with wood, and then you run Lawson down to Dumont.

Let me know if you wanta try it tomorrow, I am talking with some guys about Bailey - but it is going to be around for a while & this Empire section is not.

Andrew - sorry, but I am going to be boating during the day tomorrow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey

i am up in Breck...Cali boater traveling for whitewater...

gonna try to run Dowd Chute tomorrow then i may head down the hill...

could be talked into heading to the Empire to Dumont section if it is a later run (afternoon sometime)

i would also be up for anything on Thursday or Friday or this weekend...

Empire to Dumont sounds cool...
any of the Clear Creeks sound good if i can walk the class V's...
Bear Creek...

shoot me a call...internet is sporadic

peace.matt
415-307-0480

1 - 6 of 6 Posts