Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
I think it is going to be good enough today and tomorrow. As far as I know there is more rain in the forecast. It is 123 cfs right now and if it rains again today then I think it will be 150 in time for after work runs. From what I hear, just about everyone on the front range was swimming it at 300 so I would guess that the number of people willing to paddle it below 200 has increased:

USGS Real-Time Water Data for USGS 06710605 BEAR CREEK ABOVE BEAR CREEK LAKE NEAR MORRISON, CO

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
lets go get it!

I think bear will be runnable for the rock bashers today. The gauge at evergreen just got another spike at the 6:45 update. Judging by the previous lag time till it hits bear creek lake, the run should get that spike around noon. Maybe ~135cfs on the bear creek at bear creek lake gauge, but who knows, evergreen hasn't leveled off yet.

I can get there by 1PM for a run if anyone else is in. My boat is already broken and bitchethaned up, so a few more rocks won't hurt.

Johnny, lets go get it. It will be up by noon with the extra water from upstream.

Anybody else? I've been fricking waiting for the bear creek monsoon run...

Ian
303-907-1373

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am taking a friend (newbie-ish) to the Golden play park at 2:30 but after that I can rally over to Bear. I don't think I cam make it any earlier than 4:20 though. DeepSouth, are you in for that?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hey Ian,

call me if its over 150cfs. I get out at noon today

Kent

I think bear will be runnable for the rock bashers today. The gauge at evergreen just got another spike at the 6:45 update. Judging by the previous lag time till it hits bear creek lake, the run should get that spike around noon. Maybe ~135cfs on the bear creek at bear creek lake gauge, but who knows, evergreen hasn't leveled off yet.

I can get there by 1PM for a run if anyone else is in. My boat is already broken and bitchethaned up, so a few more rocks won't hurt.

Johnny, lets go get it. It will be up by noon with the extra water from upstream.

Anybody else? I've been fricking waiting for the bear creek monsoon run...

Ian
303-907-1373

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hurtin' for certain' but you take what you can when you can and roll with the punches.

Steven- I am out of town Aug 9 - 19 so prob won't make it to Gore Fest.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Go get it fellas

To Quote DeepSouth from a email
"Its low, but my boats already broken, so I don't have much to lose."
I love it, get'r done.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So what's the deal? I can change my plans up and still meet you guys early, say 1:00 or so, otherwise after 4? Let me know soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts