Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Bear Creek tonight at 82 c.f.s.... Bony, a little scratchy but definately worth doing. One drop right at the beginning that looks like it goes on the left DOESN'T!!! There is a pin rock that got both Jarad and I... Run this right and you'll be fine. No Fun Rapid was clean, catch the eddy in the middle pool and boof center, it will get the creekin' juices flowing for what's to come in the next 6 weeks!! If your in the city and only have a few hours definately give it a look, it's only going to get better from here.

James

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
I think we ran it around 150 last year which was still pretty weak, but acceptable, if there is nothing else going on and you're really jonesing.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I looked at the gauge, not much variation so I doubt it will run soon. I'm with Dave on this one, I ran it down to 110 last year and decided that 150 was the level at which it was worth doing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just ran the upper section of bear creak today there are a few small drops in there but it was a really boring run I have never ran the lower section is it worth it?

·
Registered
745 Posts
lol

Bear creek is not a kayak run until 300cfs or maybe a little lower...Just like eldo is not until 125,I don't understand why people love sliding down wet rock and skinning their gear...I mean,I understand the jonsing for water but man...I remember a few buddy's running rigor at 50 cfs,God what the people do to entertain themselves...

Anyway,it looks like everyone will finally get their fix,so be safe out there folks...

Gary

ps-if the lower bear is over 300 it is awesome...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts