Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home tonight and noticed Bear Creek was way up, so I stopped to watch some of the creekers coming down. I had my camera in the car, so I took some shots as paddlers ran one of the roadside drops (name?). I posted the pics on the 'buzz gallery (sorry, some aren't so good), but would be happy to email them to any of the boaters - if you want them send me a message. Happy Paddling! I also have a pretty decent video of one group running the drop (three guys: one yellow LL, one green Pyranha with blue swirl, one yellow Pyranha with blue swirl), but don't know where to post it - it is 17MB - any suggestions?

·
Registered
40 Posts
That was my group that you got the video of... I'd love to get a copy of it from you. I can set it up so you can download it to my website. Can you give me your email address and I'll give you directions on how to upload it. Thanks for the pics and vid!! I cant wait to see it!

[email protected]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your friend John gave me his email address at the drop but the file is too large for me to email it to him. I'll send you an email and you can direct me on where/how to download. It was fun watching you guys - must've been a blast in there!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Piedra.... Thank you for taking the time to take pics/vids and post them for us. Dan, if the download thing works let me know I'd like to get a copy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your welcome! You guys still running BC this week? Was going to take my bot out to watch to get him stoked to be a kayaker someday.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I ran from evergreen dam to kittridge yesterday and found it pretty fun there are two class threes in there and had a fun time doing a run no one else does. send me some e-mail for beta

·
Registered
123 Posts
bear creek

full-tilt, what was the run like? I want to hear all about it!!! sounds like fun :) I might have to check it out if it's not too tough :)

Is it all class 3 and easier, or are there harder drops too?

·
Registered
81 Posts
From evergren Till the about a mile in it's pretty easy nothing really hard to deal with onc easy. When you cross the a no tresspassing rope in the river about 10 yards down stream i would classify the rapid as +2/-3 I stop in a eaddy to look at the rapid for a sec. farther down you will encounter trees the only way to get past the trees with out hiking around is sneaking past the tree on the right then you have to get ready for a pourover take the far left side of this to avoid more trees on the right. finally the last rapid when you get to kittridge is about a 3 it has to by run on the right side because of branches in the water that you could get tangled up in, you may want to walk to but you should get out of boat to look it over incase more debris. Call me for more beta and if you want to run also i can take you down it live right on evergreen lake
John
303-847-1209

1 - 11 of 11 Posts