Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bigboater and I cleaned it up last night. If flows pop early next week it should be good to go. Didn't look above No-fun, ran out of daylight. Of course, excercise the usual caution as it's rising and things will move. But the lower section's willow-smackers are gone for a few seasons and no dangerous logs as of 4/13.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I spent time a weak ago taking a log out of Bear Creak just inside the park, other than that it looked clean all the way from Kittridge to the lake(right now atleast). I am predicting the end of april for to fill up thou!

·
Registered
465 Posts
It may be good to go this evening. At around 100cfs (current flow) it's super low, but still runable i'm pretty sure. It should come back up to a more runnable level by this afternoon is my guess.

So anyone want to hook up today? I'm down in broomfield taking a class today and have my boat with me.. looking for a paddling partner!

Please leave message on my cell if you can go and have room in your party for a stragler: 970.420.1275.

·
Registered
14 Posts
:D I've run it as low as 87 cfs, but it was boney. The hidden (from the road (hwy 73)) drop above NFF is a bugger at lower levels Runnable, but not much room. NFF is good to go at 87, And some of the lower drops are pretty boulder filled. I've seen the creek up in evergreen and by afternoon I would say it's good to go right now. Just speculation but the rocks behind Cactus jacks saloon under the damb are all covered and that is a good sign. If you do get in er' , keep a BR post going for the rest of us Wood, etc. :oops: (thanks everyone for your work cleaning out the lower section this week, I haven't seen it but anything is better than willow wackers.) Might try and get some in there this weekend. good luck be safe.....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just had it for lunch. The stuff above NFF still needs some cleaning. There is one log in particular after the first drop that is annoying.

·
Registered
156 Posts
tomorrow PM

I get off work @ noon, should be able to get boat and be @ put-in (provided the description in CRC is accurate & clear) by 2-- anyone up for it?
-Carter @ 303-345-3823

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hiked Bear from the 'canyon' section on the lower on down and above where the action starts. Looks like a good time, only needing a little more water to pad it out.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Wood!!

Be cautious as you come out of the first drop in the run. Not familiar with it's name but it's after you go under the first bridge & past the house on river right. The creek does a 180 & then you go through it.

Anyhow at the bottom of that drop there's the 2 rocks which channel everything between them that's getting clogged with wood. We cleaned it yesterday and the channel was completely blocked again this morning, had to sneak a real tight line river left. Be heads up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts