Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo Buzzards,

Planning on hitting bear creek on friday. Looking for partners who are down for some cleaning and scouting prior to a run. My guess is it comes up a tad more by friday from where it is today and it will be at standard mank levels. Bring the mank boat because you will break the good one.

Planning on meeting at noon, take a few hours to scout and clean and running it that afternoon.

Would like to get someone with a chainsaw to join if possible.

Ian (303) 907-1373

·
Registered
505 Posts
I was thinking of going today but also feel that it will be higher tomorrow. I scouted Hair of the Bear from above a few days ago and it looked good to go with an alternative sneak line right instead of against the cliff wall left. There's still a tree at the dam but that's a low flow portage anyway.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the beta ken. Dam is low water portage, but I like to run it somewhere in the 200's which it could feasibly get to.

Echo lake snotel is 130% of average and we have had tons of moisture over the entire bear draininge recently. With a base flow in the creek at minimum, a pretty saturated ground in the watershed, and 10" SWE sitting at the headwaters, I think bear might actually have a little runoff season.

Nothing like the days of the floods when water was huge, pants were shit in on a daily basis, and yardsales were doled out in handfulls...

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am interested in a Thursday run down Bear. Was looking at SSV but that sounds too low. Maybe some elfing in Boulder creek... looking to get wet somewhere tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update... getting on bear tonight too. Wanted to wait til friday to have time to scout and remove wood, but looking my mank boat in the eye in the garage today I knew I had to go.

Meeting at the takeout at 5:30 today. If any of the regular mank masters want to me me out there, hit me up.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ian,
Let me know if u still want to go Friday.
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
343 Posts
Great. I will bring a saw

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
93 Posts
There is a fair sized tree (8-10" diameter?) spanning about 7/8ths of the creek on river left just below the 3rd bridge down from the 4-mile put in. Unless it moved today, there is a possible sneak on far river right, but this will have to come out eventually

·
Registered
682 Posts
It was so juicy in there tonight, I don't even need to re-weld the mank boat!

Can't make Friday, but would be up for a cleaning/paddling mission this weekend if you guys don't get it all. That dam looks like a big job.

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
There is a fair sized tree (8-10" diameter?) spanning about 7/8ths of the creek on river left just below the 3rd bridge down from the 4-mile put in. Unless it moved today, there is a possible sneak on far river right, but this will have to come out eventually
Marc, is this on Bear or Boulder Creek? Not familiar with a four mile put in on bear.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yikes. My bad beta. Did a "Boulder Creek" search and, well... Boulders, bears... Sorry fellas! The tree is on Boulder Creek

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Bear Creek is running??? Time to activate my futures trading account. Just one word... Plastics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts