Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paddled Bear Creek late this afternoon. The big rock that chokes the creek into to a very narrow left channel with an old log in it and the right channel that you run was totally clogged with new wood.

Got out of my boat on river right and immediately heard loud whistling. We talked the landowner, who came down the hill from the house pretty fast. She is cool but is getting pissed off. Someone was road scouting this area today and was letting their dog run around loose. She called the sheriff. She owns both sides of the creek in that area. She said people have been all over her land lately.

I told her that I would tell everyone to be COOL at that spot. I was apologetic and told her we were in a tough spot because there was no open channel there. With her permission, we cleaned out the right channel and got out of there.

Please don't road scout house rapid or the wood choked spot right below it.

The eddies above the constriction are huge. If there is wood then don't park in the eddy too long: haul ass to get the wood out of there and split fast. If the landowner comes running down the hill don't take off. Talk to her and tell you that you are sorry and that the paddlers around here know that she doesn't like people on her land and that you will leave ASAP.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hey Ture, hope you had a good run today. Couldn't make it for the repeat. Gimme a call if you wanna run later on this week. Wednesday after 3pm looks good for me.

Kent

Did you get a new boat?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts