Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I recently moved from the Washington D.C. area to the San Francisco Bay Area, and am looking to find some people/groups to boat with.

Any suggestions (facebook groups, clubs, cool kids, etc.)????

Been whitewater kayaking since 2009, and am a decent class 4 boater, but have been off the water for most of the last year due to the craziness of moving my life across the country, and so am looking to get back into the swing of things with class 3 and/or easy class 4.

Thanks for any advice.

- Gene

·
Registered
113 Posts
Gene -

Head up the South Fork American it is the place to meet people right now.

The club scene out here is not like back east (As I hear from some friends), the clubs are not instant community. From my experience the local clubs are very loose, most do not even have monthly meeting or anything more than a website and meet up email (They do have trips). I am not in any but have tried it in the past to meet people. As for Clubs that I know of there is the Gold County Paddles, River City and Loma Prieta Paddlers. I would suggest going by Pacific River Supply and talking to Mike, he will know all the clubs or go California Canoe and Kayak and ask.
If you want to get out once it starts raining look me up I am in Sacramento.

Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where in the Bay Area? I'm on the North Coast and we have quite a lot of good water if you're willing to make the drive and make it a 2 day trip. I'll be relocating to Sonoma soon and will be looking to hook up with new folks as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts