Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with severely limited intellectual capacity and a love for ice cream headaches... Barrel Springs is running. It's on the low side but it looks like cold, chocolatey fun.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Glad to see the avatar again. definitely my favorite.

·
Registered
112 Posts
does anybody know if barrell is still running? how about flow? is any water being diverted or is the barrell flow about the same as the shoshone flow?

gracias.

-Bryan

·
Registered
156 Posts
last sat it looked like barrel was less most of the flow in Shoshone, but runable in a kind of bouncy sort of way. It was cold and raining so I decided not to walk down to look @ death

Shoshone was fun tho
-C

·
Registered
569 Posts
As of Friday at 3:00 all of the flow of shoshone is going through Barrel I think that they are flushing the sediment out of the lake.

Peter

·
Registered
494 Posts
There seems to be about 800 cfs in barrel. I hiked up and ran just barrel springs rapid and it was fun. Nice to be back in the boat.

If anyone wants to go run it tommorow around 2pm i'm game. Just post your number or be at grizzly around 2:15.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
still going? Anyone have any info if it'll run thru monday? Anyone want to go Monday? I've run barrel in a playboat, would it be worthy to bring the creeker instead and look at upper D/life after D?
joe

·
Registered
76 Posts
naw Joe, you should leave the creeker at home. U/D and L/D are overrated. Just give it a good go, paddle hard! youll be fine. And don't forget to get some footie

·
Registered
846 Posts
life after has a sik boof, but as huckit points out, just bring the little boat, then you can melt er down on death, might even get some ends in there to boot.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,444 Posts
scouted it twice. pussed out both times. first was at 11k way to scary, stood there in awe almost pissed myself. second was just over 3k. we almost sacked up to run it, then our saftey kayaker crapped. we followed.
whats it running now? i'd love to see it under 3k

·
Registered
238 Posts
Is Barrel Springs at current flow "way harder" than shoshone just below? I feel super comfortable on shoshone, but havent done barrel.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yes Barrel is way harder than shoshone. I think it's really similar to Pine Creek on the arkansas.

All of you that were interested in going to cross this weekend...I have a new plan. How about we go to barrel, bring beers and our buds and lap it lower narrows style? Then we can hit the hotsprings, get a super cheap hotel, cram 10 people in it an party like it's 1999. Get up, fight the hangover, hit barrel for another few laps and get home. It'll save lots of gas and drive time over going to do low water cross. Plus barrel is more fun and harder than cross at this level. Anyone in?
joe

·
Registered
90 Posts
keck, I am done at the mountain on friday, but I have shit to do on sat and sunday. I would be game for a monday or tuesday run. Don't think I am down with anything higher than barrel, but who knows.

·
Registered
26 Posts
any info on what barrel is running as of today? Good play at the bottom?? will be headed there this weekend, want to make sure the drive is still worth it from fort collins?!

thanks,
Jason

1 - 19 of 19 Posts