Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shoshone power plant has been off for the last three days. So all 1900 cfs has been flowing through barrel. Some different holes out there. Watch the log in the far right side of last rapid ( below barrel above shoshone) one common line is to skirt the hole far right and there is some debris Jammed in the shore.

·
Super Moderator
2,835 Posts
Any Beta on the longevity of this condition, Peter? Might hit this FRiday if it is still in.

Is that putting it out of play boat levels, or not? Riley has not rein it yet. I'd Rather not pack creek boats along for the weekend.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Dave, 1900 should be fairly meaty with two different crux type moves in Barrel including punching a decent hole. Punching the hole is definitely the best part. Bring the creek boat. I should be game on Friday if it still in.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I do not know the longevity. The hole punching was avoidable on Friday. though there was one surprise Right of center between the 2nd and 3rd constrictions of Barrel proper.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even better today. 2000 CFS. very padded out. We took the log out of the last drop. So many big boofs and pushy lines. Don't get me wrong, Gore is still better but it is awesome have students that can style it (because I have to paddle it too.) I will try to take some video Tomorrow.

PS the all day wave is awesome right now as well.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'll post a video from Sunday when it was running at ~1950cfs when its done uploading.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sorry, it was actually Saturday. And thanks to the group that wa there that helped with the rescue!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes but the Shoshone exit was closed yesterday afternoon.

·
Registered
302 Posts
That looks like a fun level, thanks for posting the video!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts