Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know if this is old news, but i went to shoshone today(tus.) and all the water is going down the river. thats right, no water comming out the pipes at the sho put in.
a

·
Registered
58 Posts
Are you sure it is running. The flow data says 1340. The lowest have heard it was run at was about 1800 or a little lower. Right now it should be a lot of rocks and a little trickle of water. Cosurfgod, you can use whatever boat you are comfertable in; unless it's at high water. Well, that's my to bits
Peace JK

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I could be wrong, but if the Shoshone power plant is shut off, then all 1300cfs would be spilling over the dam and it would be running. I think 1800 is the level at which it runs even if the power plant is operational.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I ran it a couple years ago at ~3500 cfs. It was huge, pushy and fast! I felt like I was up in Idaho.....at the level I ran it, I felt if you swam, you would probably flush drown.

At the current level, it would probably be good to go

·
Registered
58 Posts
like I said, I'm not sure if it is running right now because I'm down in Durango. But at 1800 to 4000 people call it a iv and above, a V. Last run off, the colorado strecth above G-wood and on down got really high. It peaked at 12000! Yes and I mean 12000. I didn't do barrel but shoshone was kick'en.

Can anyone check and see if it is running. like I also said, the lowest I have heard it run at was 1800. I might be heading back to G-wood for the weekend and would be interested in running it

I will post if it is actully running next week.

peace JK

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JKB, like i said, all the water was comming down the river, nothing comming out the pipes. i guess the plant is not making power.
adam

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Benny,

What up? How is High School going. You and Shane should come and check out the collge down here. Hopefully there will be a lot of water and the rivers will be kick'en down here.
Later JK

1 - 13 of 13 Posts