Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boulder creek is on the rise now that the reservoir is spilling. I would anticipate flows around 400 cfs by tomorrow. Should be a fun week for the town and canyon runs. If you see any tubers that look like they are doing something stupid (highly likely), warn them about the high water. The police won't close the creek for tubing until it reaches 700cfs. 400 is still a pretty stompy level for tubers, and they just don't know what they are doing.

thanks,
nick

·
Registered
138 Posts
lets not get carried away and stereotype tubers. its going to be sick in there and i would appreciate if you lame ass kayakers with helmets, life jackets, mouth guards, hand warmers, nose plugs, and what ever else you puffs need to keep warm and protected when your not boosting your egos on this forum....stay out of my way and find something harder than class 2!

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
So it looks like it went from 185 and has leveled out at 250. I was hoping for more, but can't say I was really expecting it. I'm guessing we'll be lucky to break 300. Sure hope I'm wrong.

Vince, I might be up for floating later. I think 250 is still low enough for the kids around the library. Any interest in that?

Dave

·
Registered
330 Posts
lets not get carried away and stereotype tubers. its going to be sick in there and i would appreciate if you lame ass kayakers with helmets, life jackets, mouth guards, hand warmers, nose plugs, and what ever else you puffs need to keep warm and protected when your not boosting your egos on this forum....stay out of my way and find something harder than class 2!
I really try not to judge people until i get to meet them face to face, but this post certainly made it hard. I unfortunately read this post as I was getting ready to head out and run Boulder Creek for the first time. I'm new to the area, and haven't been on moving water in a few months. So I was already a bit nervous as I was packing up. Your post almost made me want to stay home. Thankfully, I swallowed my nervousness and went anyway.

I had an absolute blast, and for the most part all the tubers are very kind and friendly. There were only a few who were giving us kayakers some grief, but on the whole they were quite nice.

I just wish we could all get along, because I enjoyed watching the carnage the tubers create. It truly keeps things interesting.

Just a message to you tubers, please be kind. We aren't out there to "take over your spot" or anything of that nature. The creek is everyone's, and you should just be happy that you live in a place that offers such a cool and practically free activity. Back east local government would never let such a thing happen. I respect your choice of water craft, so please respect ours. We may wear a lot more equipment, but we need it for what we do. You don't.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Let's not make too much of cracks on the anonymous internet. Noone is perfect. It helps make the buzz fun, and tells us about humanity.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey sean. just be careful. the water's high out there and I would hate to see you get hurt. and remember, never ever ever stand up in boulder creek. you might stub your toe.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I really try not to judge people until i get to meet them face to face, but this post certainly made it hard.

You abviously haven't met Sean. I saw him bust through widowmaker hole on Boulder Creek at super high water without even spilling a drop of his beer. He is truly a bad ass tuber and an icon to all other tubers out there.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I really try not to judge people until i get to meet them face to face, but this post certainly made it hard.
You abviously haven't met Sean. I saw him bust through widowmaker hole on Boulder Creek at super high water without even spilling a drop of his beer. He is truly a bad ass tuber and an icon to all other tubers out there.
I guess you missed the fact that I was actually defending tubers in my post. When I typed: "I really try not to judge people until i get to meet them face to face, but this post certainly made it hard." I was trying to point out that tubers have a bad stereotype, and posts like the one I quoted certainly do not help shine good light on them.

Like I said, most of you are great, but there is a minority of you who treat us kayakers like we are scum. Neither group is scum, we are all river rats in our own way. So lets just all get along and enjoy the high water!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tards!! Ran it yesterday afternoon. While setting up safety at the buttress, a couple of Tards, were lookin to putin just below the tree/culvert at the bottom. Just what I needed, some darwin candidate, grabin me gunwales!

@uck 'um bra

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Tards!! Ran it yesterday afternoon. While setting up safety at the buttress, a couple of Tards, were lookin to putin just below the tree/culvert at the bottom. Just what I needed, some darwin candidate, grabin me gunwales!

@uck 'um bra
countless times every summer you are dragging them back to shore because they can't swim and do not have a pfd. retards

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Neither group is scum, we are all river rats in our own way. So lets just all get along and enjoy the high water!
Is that a flat reservoir in your avatar? Do you actually get on rivers, or just drive around boulder in a subaru with a brand new wavesport on the roof? :twisted:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Is that a flat reservoir in your avatar? Do you actually get on rivers, or just drive around boulder in a subaru with a brand new wavesport on the roof? :twisted:
Yes, it is a flat reservoir in the background of my avatar. My girlfriend shot the pic of me the day I bought me p52. I was going to practice my roll, and some flat water stuff since I hadn't been in a kayak in like 4 months. I wasn't about to go run anything in a new boat without at least getting comfortable in it.

Yes I drive a Subaru, but my boat hangs out in the back. Sorry I'm not comfortable running bigger stuff yet, but I've only been paddling for about a year and a half. Mostly on class II, and easy III. I just got my new boat, and I'm still getting used to it. So I've only been out to Boulder Creek once.

We all have to work our way up the food chain, and I know I'm no expert. All I was trying to say is that 90% of the tubers I ran into (literally and figuratively) were very nice and laid back. I was running IN TOWN, not in the canyon. The tards in the canyon are in fact tards. I know I don't belong in there in my kayak, and I wish they understood they don't belong there in their tubes. I'd have to guess though that the majority of tubers are afraid to go up there as I heard many talking about how afraid they were to even run through town. Just like there are some idiots getting themselves in trouble in kayaks there are idiots doing it in tubes.

I guess I'm just not as jaded about the tubers as I'm just happy to see people out having fun. I just moved to Boulder this winter, and back east you'd never be able to tube or even kayak in most places. So sorry if I'm just happy to see people out enjoying the creek.

Moral of the story is there is a small percentage of jackass tubers, rafters, kayakers everywhere. I'm just glad I haven't seen anyone asking to set up a Nude Boulder Creek Tube Trip.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Wow! That jab sure got a response. The subaru thing was a guess, but I'd guess I'm a good guesser. :p

Good luck figuring it out. Many happy river miles to you. Cheers, Dan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ah!! So, no small percentage of jackass open boaters eh!! Right on man! Thanks for the respect! Welcome to Colorado! Enjoy!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Me, Jed, and Daryl are all going to try to do a tube trip from the Source to Arapaho -- Boulder Creek Integral - summit to sprawl! We're going to document the whole thing with a a videographer and put it in our upcoming extreme movie FU Rock Touched My Coccyx II. We made some modifications by adding a raft seat to our tubes since Daryl's injury running Penis Buster Parfait last year. Now we're really ready for the mank. Bring it!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts