Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
It is filling slow, but picking up. At least 10 ' to go or so. Hope this wind is not subliming our snow pack :mad:. Also, they have been releasing very little so far this season, thus the low flows below.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Barker Status

Barker has about 5' to go and filling fast.

I spoke with dam mgr and he is letting out the minimum. It might spill by Memorial day with this heat and them capturing all of the water? The inflow is going up!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Any visual on The Source? I gotta figure it's mostly from Jasper, but it must be getting close to runnable.....

·
Registered
189 Posts
from a City of Boulder press release:
Boulder Creek water levels anticipated to be higher than normal this weekend; use caution

Spring water runoff is expected to fill Barker Reservoir sometime during the long holiday weekend. This means that water will begin spilling over the dam, which will significantly increase water levels in Boulder Creek.

Boulder Creek is currently flowing at 120 cubic feet per second (CFS). After water begins spilling from Barker Reservoir, creek flows could increase to 320 to 420 CFS. Flooding is not expected to occur unless a thunderstorm takes place in or around Boulder Canyon.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Barker

Talked to the Barker Dam operator today. The water is about 5 feet from spillage. They just started letting 120 out today to try and keep it from spilling during the Boulder Creek Fest. The 120 has pushed the WW course up to about 200 looks like. He also said if a senior water rights person calls they could release more. He doesn't expect it to spill now until late Monday or Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Yesterday around 2pm it was about a foot away from spilling. My guess is that it has topped out this morning and the jump will be noticeable on the gauge by noon. In my opinion, the upper canyon was runnable yesterday, so this afternoon should be fun.

·
Registered
911 Posts
OHHHHH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Love that upper stuff. Going to geeet some this afternoon.

Thanks The Flaco!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts