Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Greetings Paddlers, (Andy, please add glue)

The Banff Mountain Film 'Radical Reels' are coming to Fort Collins April 12th at 7pm (CSU Theater). Featured in the programming this year is a 13 minute segment of locally (CO) produced 'Light in Liquid - a kayak collage of movement and sound, featuring the Rivers of Colorado, Idaho, and Mexico'.

There are no bubbly 110 foot first D's in the film but Light in Liquid does focus on the art of adventure and the pure fun of creeking CV. This is a very abbreviated version of the film which will live in its finality at a 55 minute length.

The proceeds from ticket sales go to benefit Larimer County Search and Rescue. Tickets can be purchased at JAX, REI and on the LCSAR website. Tickets are $13. Larimer County Search and Rescue

Featured Paddlers:
leif embertson
dan woolley
adrian m glasenapp
evan j stafford
shane spyker
tye eyden
fred zacherl
carter eash
sarah kemper
kevin dudley
ignacio alvarez
conor finney

Special Guests:
peter stromberg
todd gillman
brent toepper
mike pagel
marty bell
brian gardel
paul ronto
kyle mccutchen

Featured Water:
Big South
Yule Creek
Henry's Fork
La Tomata

Watch trailers and other short clips at creativeUV

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
FYI: A rough cut of the film was completed last spring and screened at New Belgium. Since then I have been submitting pieces of the work to various film festivals and gathering feedback while trying to obtain an executive producer to license the film in its full length version. I will have a DVD release party and screening some time this summer. Details to come.

·
Registered
567 Posts
heck yeah

Great cause, great film. If you didn't get to see it at NBB last Fall you should certainly take the opportunity to catch the bits and pieces that will be featured on the 12th.
The rest of the shorts included in the Banff Film Festival are pretty sweet too, but the footage of Gadget running Triple Drop on the higher side of good as well as all the local Fort Fun runs should be worth the price of admission alone...especially Big South.

Quick Question - any footage of Front Range swimming in this cut? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was able to keep a very brief shot of Gadget running the meat of triple drop in the intro. Only one swim, Gore, Tunnel - bummer... I had to cut this thing way down to make it fit into the program. I'll hand you off the full 55 version with that Black Canyon piece when you are up.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Twitch not sure what you are referring to with 'high side of good' and Gadget.
Maybe the piece 'A Meditation on Mesa' (the Henry's fork Mesa falls segment in Light in Liquid) which was a finalist in the Teva Mtn games competing for the 'high side of good' award?

If so, the Gadget isn't in that piece, just FYI.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Sweet! Thanks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Is this the same film we have seen for the last 4yrs at least 15 times....or is this something new?

Maybe we could have an 90's boating party to match the era, we could all wear Neon drytops and bring out the Y boats.

The one good thing is that this movie is so old that, in the film Lief still has a full head of hair.

We won't charge you much A-drock to come with us on some new runs this year, run our shuttle and take some sweet shots of my BOOF!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Good to hear from you Peter. As usual your comprehension of anything beyond your own ego is very limited. I wouldn't expect someone with such limited mental or creative capacity to understand the process of filmmaking or the pursuit of art and dream. Still mad that I smoked you in the gnarrows race Strokeberg? Don't fret, you'll get a another chance this fall buddy, don't let that hog size chip on your shoulder overshadow your laser like masturbation skills.

·
Registered
273 Posts
After much introspection....

A-drock

You're right my ego is as big as your first premier of this video 4 years ago. Huge... Like your video however my ego has shrunk, a little, like the crowd of your 15th video premier.

Because I have a narrow scope of comprehension (as stated above) I had to consult my old friend Webster to make sure I had the right word thingyees for the occasion.

So I called ol' Web up on my tele:

Main Entry:
premiere
Variant(s):
also pre·mière or pre·mier \same as 1premiere\
Function:
verb
Inflected Form(s):
premiered also pre·mièred; pre·mier·ing also pre·mièr·ing
Date:
transitive verb
: to give a first public performance of
intransitive verb
1 : to have a first public performance
2 : to appear for the first time as a star performer

I'm not shitting that is actually what Webster said, crazy guy that Webster. While I was on the internets looking up words I looked up another word.

Redundant..(check spelling)

redundant

Main Entry:
re·dun·dant
Pronunciation:
\-dənt\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Latin redundant-, redundans, present participle of redundare to overflow — more at redound
Date:
1 a: exceeding what is necessary or normal : superfluous b: characterized by or containing an excess; specifically : using more words than necessary c: characterized by similarity or repetition <a group of particularly redundant brick buildings> dchiefly British : no longer needed for a job and hence laid off
2: profuse, lavish
3: serving as a duplicate for preventing failure of an entire system (as a spacecraft) upon failure of a single component
— re·dun·dant·ly adverb

I love the film... and my laser masturbation skills, however I would like to see some new work out of you. There is obviously talent, that is probably the best footie of all time of me styling Blue Grass. You call yourself a film maker chasing some dude around named Art, that gave you a wet Dream. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Sweet, I am not a lifestyle judge here, however I am the GOD of kayaking and I must speak when I see someone committing a sin on our forum.

Like GH posting 2,000,000,000,000,000,000 times. Nobody is off my radar pall. . . especially when you are in my own backyard.

I hope you don't take my huge [email protected], I mean ego personally. I have a lot of respect but there is only one Grand Opening.

·
Registered
323 Posts
laser like

I feel as if I may have missed something in the last 15 years since I hit puberty.
What exactly are "laser like masturbation skills" and am I somehow missing out on a higher form of fun because I don't posses the aforementioned skills? On second thought maybe I do, I just don't know it yet.
Please someone help me find this skill set, it sounds fun in a dangerous sort of way!
Some enlightenment would be very helpful.
I will be back in the country on the 15th so if it is best to learn these laser like masturbation skill on a river I am all for it!
Thanks
Patrick

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
I love the film... and my laser masturbation skills, however I would like to see some new work out of you. There is obviously talent, that is probably the best footie of all time of me styling Blue Grass. You call yourself a film maker chasing some dude around named Art, that gave you a wet Dream. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Sweet, I am not a lifestyle judge here, however I am the GOD of kayaking and I must speak when I see someone committing a sin on our forum.
quote]

yeah you styled bluegrass woop woop go crawl in a hole and put some lighter fluid on your self and light a match. you are the opitomy of life. this dude puts some vid together and you can take what you want from it but in the end you are the biggest cocksucker of all time. your bullshit on this forum is hillarious im wondering why you haven't commited suicide yet?
im sure you'll get your ass handed to you now probably see you swimming down poudre park while im driving to the narrows putin.

·
Registered
323 Posts
please dont lotsa

Dear Lotsa,
Please dont listen to Caspermike. I would hate to see you crawl in a hole and do the things he recomended, also please please dont commit suicide; at least not until you teach me what "laser like masturbation skills" are.

Caspermike,
That was a little mean hearted don't you think?

Boof!!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Casper, don't joke around unless you know what you're talkin' bout. Lotsa was running the narrows when you were still laser masturbating to national geographic. If you'd been to the narrows put-in more than once then we'd know who you are and a much more likely scenario is that we will pass you at the (middle) narrows put-in before Pete is found swimming up higher in the drainage at a place called the Big South. You also need to brush up on your English language skills if you ever want to get out of Casper. Opitomy might mean something in Wyoming but in the rest of the country that is not a word.

I mean it's one thing when the buzz didn't have spell check but now there is a little red line under the type if it is wrong and you just have to click it to fix it... except opitomy is so far off from the word you were looking for that even spell check couldn't help you there. Epitome I believe is what you were looking for... except it still doesn't really help your overall meaning or the fact that apparently the use of periods and commas are not taught in Casper public schools.

Boof5423987456 - stoked you are coming home soon and safe from the land of the nazis and the concussion inducing solo skiing accidents (I think the nazis secretly attacked you on that one but, just a theory). Anyway, Croatia looked rad and we will paddle together soon on the narrows with lotsa and maybe even caspermikey if he can steal himself away from the buzz long enough not to reply to every post since he joined.

·
Charc in = charc out
475 Posts
1. CasperMike, just like Donnie, you are out of your element. Save your bullets for a battle where you're actually wanted on one side or the other. Lotsa & Adrock are part of the same tight community & have known each other for years. They can sort this out without your witty/insightful/enlightening contributions.

2. Adrock made a video featuring a bunch of hometown heroes on kickass local water. He's passionate about it & that shows in the work & in the hype. No, the project isn't fresh or new -- the movie's been out in one form or another for a cpl yrs. It's not going to get an executive producer or win an Oscar, but that doesn't diminish the strength of the work or the intent of the fundraising event he's promoting. So if you want to support a great cause & watch some good footy of CO dudes paddleboating, then by all means, go rock out with your turtle out.

3. Lotsa's a douchebox. Even he will admit that. It's his role & he plays it well. Sometimes there's a point of view that needs to be voiced, even if it ruffles feathers, & he ain't skeert to be that guy. I can appreciate him for that. But he's still a doucheboxxxx. In fact, he's the epitome of douchebaggery. And while his boof stroke has improved a little over the years, he should still be regarded as a liability on the river.

4. Leif's mom.

·
Registered
463 Posts
CM - lotaswims could probably tell you the "river gods" are always listening. you throw down a lot of attitude for someone I have yet to see of the river ummnn creek. maybe thats because you used to or still do have a transportation issues. regardless if we ever do meet on the river or the gnarrows you should recognize me as the one boofing over/onto your head while you're unexpectedly surfing white line.

Adro - we love the flick. i especially love seeing me with more hair. i fear i may eclipse JJ, I'll see you some real estate, Hannah this summer in my male pattern baldness. although this could be beneficial for my chances in the annual gnarrows race this year as both winners are well, quite bald/balding. I think I'm already at stage III

Lotsa - you're an asshole but we still love ya. my mom called again, she really wants her panties back. I've linked you a preseason workout routine to help you get in shape. Remember you’re boof has to be good enough for you and Scotty this year.

http://www.bodyresults.com/E2PaddlingExercises.asp

Dotcom - where've you been? i've got pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Gilman the Great!

Why don't you take a long walk out of a "tiny" canyon, in a foriegn country, and leave your vessal behind.... And then make a movie out of it.

Oh wait, that already happened. I missed most of it because I was being accousted by Lief Mom in the back of the theater, but I have a feeling that I didn't miss much boating.

Enjoy your tripple-tall-skim-soy-organic-natural-tutie fuity Latte

I want to go boating already, this internets drama is getting tiresome.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts