Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
Bringing the family, and planning some south fork boating too. You probably don't want to be on my schedule, but We'll certainly have extra room on shuttles.

Anyone else have partners/kids that want to do a Chutes run?

Tentatively thinking both nights, both days, with a SF run friday afternoon and maybe saturday morning too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Anybody have an idea how much water will be in the north and south forks this weekend? I feel aloof without eddyflower flows.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anybody have an idea how much water will be in the north and south forks this weekend? I feel aloof without eddyflower flows.
I'm hoping Cheesman keeps on flowing. Then the S. fork will be nice too. I'd assume they'll shut of Cheesman before they turn on Roberts, as that might push too much water into the N. S. confluence if they are both flowing?

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Right now there's about 90cfs of natural flow coming down the N. Fork into Bailey (according to the DWR website). So if the Water Board promises 300 cfs if there's no rain, there will be about 400 cfs going into the Bailey run. Great first timer's level ;).

·
Registered
966 Posts
I can't go down until I get down with work (as early as noon - as late as 1) ON SATURDAY. If anyone else is in the same "boat" get in touch and we can carpool. I have to work Sun morning so am unsure whether I will camp.
Beth

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Can take 1 boater up Sat AM. Planning on leaving Lakewood around 7:30am. Returning prob. around 8pm-ish Sat. You can likely catch a ride back with someone else the next day if you want to stay. 3.957.7934

-hoj

·
Registered
245 Posts
I am in town until monday and wanting to hit Foxton/Waterton and possibly the festivities for a bit, but I have to be home Saturday evening? I'd love to split gas if that schedule works?

Hey Edna, I think we have met paddling Boulder creek a few years back...?

·
TheVanLife
17 Posts
leavin late Sat

I can't go down until I get down with work (as early as noon - as late as 1) ON SATURDAY. If anyone else is in the same "boat" get in touch and we can carpool. I have to work Sun morning so am unsure whether I will camp.
Beth
I will be teaching until 1pm leaving chatfield if you want to meet at the FOrt could carpool most likely staying the night. let me know if you are interested.
303-204-6088

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hey redbeard, yeah, we met a few years ago! Good to "see" you.

I'm not sure what my timeframe will be getting back to boulder. i may end up camping, although somewhat unlikely. I bet you could get a ride back, but I guess that is tricky if you need to be back by a certain time. give me a call if you want to meet and drive down with me but like I said, no certainty on the way back part.

Calling or texting is going to be the best way to get in touch tomorrow. I have to hit the road ASAP after work since I am meeting someone at the bailey takeout at 2:30. I am pretty sure I am working until 12:30, maybe 1.

Let me know!

·
Registered
245 Posts
just talked to an offline friend ;-) and we're meeting at the fort at 1:00 +/- both of us are coming down the mtn afterward, but hoping to make the festivities for at least a brief moment! I have little doubt we'll all see one another up there!! ;-)

good to see you're gettin' after it!! :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hey, well, I will look for ya. Its been a long time! I wondered where you went. I think you taught me how to stern squirt on the eddy line of that trashy hole by the library! Ha!
C you out there : )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts