Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Flows are looking low for this weekend, probably 75 – 100 cfs. We are doing some work at the power plant at Roberts Tunnel, so flows will stay low."

-Denver Water

additionally, denver water would like to know how many of you find this information helpful. do you check in weekly for these posts to determine where you're going to paddle for the weekend? do all 'yall running Foxton check these updates? should i title these "Bailey/Foxton"? basically, the more suport we show the more likely this will continue into the future and maybe even turn into scheduled releases. also, what can be improved? i've been posting these on fridays at the latest. is this enough time to plan for the weekend? so add to this message or e-mail me directly, [email protected], and i'll be sure to pass it on.
thanks,
-dan

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
These updates are a great service to the paddling community. Seriously dude, we oughta get you a couple beers for your efforts!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Totally...whenever Wed. rolls around I start to anticipate the update. Without it, I would be lost. I'll pitch in for the brews.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Dan- Much appreciated, you're providing a great service. Please keep these updates coming and let me know if I can do anything to make it easier for you to post this information or collect the information from another site. IMO, Friday updates are enough time to plan for the weekend, but the ultimate would be if the information was posted as it became available. Scheduled releases would be grand! Thanks again for all your work on this!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Ditto

The information is extremely helpful. I look for the post every week. Friday is great, earlier is better.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We are all surely indebted to Dan for providing information that he has about the water releases, however without sounding too demanding I agree with Frenchy and would love to see a schedule....im sure someone has an idea of what is going on. How far in advance are the releases throught the Roberts Tunnel planned? Im sure that the flows fluctuate with the weather but is there a general idea of what will be released far in advance

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ditto, ditto, ditto..... scheduled releases!!!! For the love of god that would be so #^@$#^% sweet! I'll believe it when I see it tho.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Dan,

This is extremely valuable... Please look into what we can do to make this service something to count on weekly.

I am willing to help in anyway possible.

Thanks again. Very much appreciated

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sweet 'yall!
this is what i was hoping for! i've e-mailed my contact at Denver Water letting him know that this post exists. hopefully he'll read it early next week and see the support this has. i'm just as eager as everyone else to see scheduled releases in the future. this is the first step. we've gotta crawl before we can boof so to speak. in the future i'll try to get these posted earlier on thursdays.

-dan (just another boater with no affliiation to anyone other than himself)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Bailey Report - please continue!

The Bailey Report is key for all front range Colorado boaters!
In the climate of $3.00 plus a gallon, nobody wants to waste time nor gas driving over to Bailey to find no water.
Please keep 'em coming.

·
Registered
989 Posts
DUDE! Is that chaka?!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Chaka lives!

Well, I had a little extra hair as a pre-pubescent teen... and some say I resembled Chaka.
The great part about being hairy is that I dont have to spend so much $$ on drytops, but the drawback is getting your junk stuck in the zipper all the time.
Chaka doesn't wear any pants.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Scheduled releases would be great, and even better would be this: Instead of releasing 200 cfs for 24 hours, release 400 cfs for 12 hours in the day, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. That would be the shiiat!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I Look at the Bailey release to plan Foxton runs.

Thanks for the effort you put into this, and thanks to Denver Water for their cooperation in supplying the info.

Another satisfied costumer of Denver Water.

·
Registered
342 Posts
When I run Bailey, it involves driving from Grand Junction with friends for the weekend. Any scheduled flow info makes it much easier to plan a weekend.
Thanks
Curtis

1 - 20 of 22 Posts