Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from denver water:

"I expect Roberts Tunnel to be between 100 and 200 cfs this coming weekend."

·
Registered
191 Posts
Come on Denver water those lawns, golf courses, cemetaries, ect. I don't know what to do with Dillon full.

Dan- If it gets to rafting levels I'll carry some beer down for ya.

Jed

·
Registered
882 Posts
Sorry, but contrary to popular Western Slope opinion, it's really the agriculture east of us that calls down the water. Otherwise, I'd love to help ya. Try farmerbuzz.com.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
All right, you got me, Caspian. I looked at your shortcut, knew it was fake, and yet some unresistable urge forced me to click on it nevertheless. I know the majority of water calls is based on agricultural needs but I have also read some impressive statistics regarding the quantities of water used by golf courses for watering (I don't think this counts as agriculture, does it?) but I don't know how this applies in Colorado. Do you know if golf courses are responsible for enough water use to be noticeable in the big scheme of things for the Eastern Slope?

Nice signature. That's new, isn't it?
"We...[must at least] be sensible of our ignorance, if we do not augment our knowledge."-David Hume

Sorry about the digression.

COUNT

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah golf courses do suck. What really pissed me off the most is that back in the worst of the drought a few years ago, every commercial building in the Denver area had a nice little sign staked in the grass that said they had an exemption from the watering restrictions. What the heck are restrictions for???? I mean seriously -- does grass at an office building or mall even get use? It was disgusting. As far as I'm concerned, down here, homeowners ought to get a front yard or a back, not both. Althought it ain't Vegas, this really isnt the best place for a million-plus people to live and it would be nice if we'd recognize it seriously.

I click on the funky links here too, occassionally they are real and it can be pretty funny. Don't know what happened to the signature. Maybe from when I deleted my cookies or something. Gotta fix.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yea, it continues to amaze me that people make such a big deal about Denver sucking 100-300 cfs through the Roberts tunnel when you have these other diversions:

Grand Junction taking 700-1400 cfs out of the Colorado
Montrose taking 700-1000 cfs out of the Gunnison
Lousy Cortez taking 600 cfs out of the Dolores
Greely area taking 500 cfs out of Lake Granby

Thank god that we can at least boat on Denver's diversion.

·
Registered
808 Posts
i think people "make such a big deal" because that is western slope water being tunnelled to the other side of the divide [front range]. same with the roaring fork water going to the ark [co springs] at least we get to boat that. get your own water--leave ours alone! ha ha

·
Registered
389 Posts
Co. Springs only gets 10% of the Roaring Fork diversion. The rest goes to the farmers around Pueblo.

Does it make a difference to you whether the West Slope farmers or the East Slope farmers take the water?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts