Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that someone else brought this up earlier, but there is a HUGE discrepancy in flows going on... and I know of no creeks that are dumping nearly 400 cfs into the bottom of the deckers run?

Can anyone confirm this???

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mr Claw,

I just got done running shuttle for my foamie buddy at Bailey and he said it's definetly not running for big boats. Although he said is was epic for him. Hope to see you in the line up at Lyons for the downriver race. ~J

·
Registered
567 Posts
There are many different feeder creeks which contribute to that discrepency in flows. All but 2 of them enter the forks below Bailey. Only Deer Creek and the creek that comes in from the right just before you enter the canyon on Bailey add water anywhere above Pine.

Just look on a topo map sometime at both the N & S forks of the S. Platte and you'll get an idea of where all the water's coming from.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Creeks feeding into N. & S. forks

Feeding into the N. Fork of the South Platte below Grant but above Foxton:
Lake Fork of the N. Fork, Geneva Creek, Santa Maria Gulch, Smith Creek, Ben Tyler Gulch, Gibbs Gulch, Slughterhouse Gulch, Payne Creek, Rock Creek, Elk Creek, & Buffalo Creek...and a few others.

Feeding into the S. Fork below Deckers but above Waterton:
Brush Creek, Gunbarrel Creek, Sugar Creek, Kelsey Creek, Pine Creek, Spring Creeek, and 6 other smaller gulch / creeks.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys... Just seems odd to have that much discrepancy, but with all the named creeks (thanks Twitch), I guess I could imagine that many dumping 400 into the main forks...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts