Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my dad are planning on running baily for our first time this weekend and we heard from people very different things about the flows so I would just like to know what the min it and when it gets beefy me and my dad have run gore (walked the meat) once and I hurt my shoulder right before tunnle but we are solid class IV+ boaters as we frequent barrel at low water.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm no expert but just ran it for the first time during baileyfest at about 600cfs. I think we've bumped into each other at Barrel (Jimmy?) this is Erik owner of whitewater rafting in GWS. Anyway, the boating isn't a huge step up from Barrel or Gore, its mostly read and run, boat scout IV+ boogie water at those flows. But... I had a hell of a time finding the scouts. None of us had run it. Almost sucked into SuperMax (which IS a step up from Gore Rapid at those flows IMO), and barely got my crew to safety. I led and was pretty stressed trying to find the scouts. Otherwise fun and manageable.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I've run it at 330. I was told the difference from there to 600 wasn't in line choice so much as speed. It's just moving a lot faster. The upshot is that the lines are padded out. The downside is if you don't know where the scout eddies are...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Eric I rember a few times where we bumped into eachother on barrel and the wave, It sound like baily would be a good run for my but I think I’d need a guide so I don’t go into Supermax or four falls. Thanks for the info bailyfest looked awesome on video hope you had fun there!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts