Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Bailey/Foxton is 57 cfs & Deckers/Chutes is 256 cfs, how is Waterton @ 646 cfs? Doesn't add up ... anyone know what the deal is or has actually been up to Bailey? :?:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yea, I noticed that too and was curious.

There are some creeks that go into the North Fork below Bailey and into the South fork below Deckers. That place got a lot of moisture a few days ago, so it's probably the side creeks that are filling it up.

Since the Bailey run is pretty high up, above the side creeks, it won't have much water. Foxton may be running, but not Bailey.

Yea, too bad.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Kevin, I don't know if you have run this before or not, but 57 cfs would be a great level for you. I think anything above 64 cfs might be over your head.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Cstork, you are smokin' crack. That means that Deer Creek or one of the other side creeks is running around 400 cfs. No freekin way, the gauge has to be off!!!!!!!
Does anyone creditable have some beta on Bailey??
Storkboy, you can redeem yourself by driving up there and finding out what is really going on.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I work with Jeffco open space and I was at lair o' the bear open space park last week-- the flows look almost runnable to me. I didn't see any of the drops on baily but we drove down toward foxton and the first drops looked low but like they would float a boat... I have been wondering if the gauge was off too!!!! looks like higher that 57cfs to me! 133 cfs sounds a bit more accurate I think.

·
Registered
882 Posts
******* Creek probably adds a good amount as well, which would come in below Pine, before Foxton. Deer Creek at 400 is a funny thought - talk about out of the banks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts