Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was contacted by a jeffco sheriff who told me that last year during Bailey Fest he came upon 30 kayakers camping along Foxton road illegally and he told them they had to leave at around midnight when he found them. He mentioned the cathedral spires pullout as the (one of?) location.

FYI, no camping is allowed anywhere along Foxton road, it is day use only. No sleeping in the truck or throwing a pad down next to the river. The officer was nice and friendly. He noted that he gave the folks a warning last year, but noted that if it happened again, he would give tickets.

There are two legal camping options during Bailey Fest weekend. The first is the Bailey Fest campground near Bailey. It's on private land, is right on the river, has tons of space, we will have beer, tunes, fun... And everyone is welcome. It's $20 per person, which helps cover costs of the event. The other option is to find dispersed camping along FR 550. It gets packed up there, so plan on getting there early ( thur pm, or fri am) if you want to get a spot there.

While there are many folks who paddle that weekend who aren't part of Bailey Fest and are doing their own thing please understand that your actions can have repercussions on the broader boating community.

Part of the reason I worked hard to secure the Bailey Fest camp ground was that I knew that there were very limited camping options near the north fork for paddlers. With Bailey Fest camp ground, we have acres of space and can easily accommodate hundreds of campers. Whether you paddle Bailey, Foxton, waterton, or deckers I invite you to come up to Bailey fest campground to enjoy the fun.

If you paddle Foxton during Bailey Fest please spread the word not to camp along Foxton road.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bumping this up as a reminder prior to bailey fest.

Foxton boaters... come to the fest campground for Bailey Fest, and get your foxton runs during the day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts