Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bailey Fest will host the supermax showdown world championship class V foamie creek race this year. 4 hard core foamies will race a 1 to 20 scale model of supermax rapid. Bailey Fest attendees can enter brackets in the races in head to head heats of 4 to determine who is the baddest foamie on the planet, and also who walks away with awesome gear prizes. Last year the winner took home a jackson villain creekboat. This year we have lots more sponsors lined up, so there will be lots of prizes... big prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th, and lots of smaller prizes for semi finalists.

Check out the pic of our foamies under construction! A foamie maestro from the southeast is building me 4 creek foamies. Thanks George!

I think they need some some good names... something along the lines of Tao Gnarfoam... team blue donkey athlete. If you have any ideas for good foamie names... let me know.

Also, due to the extremely low snowpack and upcoming dismal season, Bailey Fest will have low water counselors set up to help you in your time of need. Counselors will be round, shiny, silver, and will feature a black hose with a cold and foamy liquid coming out of it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
Nice Ian. let me know when you want some help with the course.

Maybe you could do a build your own foamie workshop with some pre-made parts like a mister potato head build. that could probably be a good fundraiser add on.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Build your own foamie is a great idea Dave. I'll think about how I could set it up.

Foamie course final design is next on the to do list.

·
Kevin
58 Posts
As the returning champ I hope to have some competition out there from the foam boating world. I vote for the name Wok of Croc (in honor of the late Hendri Coetzee) and perhaps some day someone will saute that cantankerous crocodillean killer like I plan to smoke the competition again this year. BTW-I will certainly be in need of some counseling and looking forward to it!

Good work last year, like I said, looking forward to whatever comes this year.

Kev

·
Registered
435 Posts
Also, due to the extremely low snowpack and upcoming dismal season, Bailey Fest will have low water counselors set up to help you in your time of need. Counselors will be round, shiny, silver, and will feature a black hose with a cold and foamy liquid coming out of it.
I think I'm gonna' need a hefty dose of counseling this year, thanks for the mental health resources.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Briney McBrownfoam is a winner. Love it! I'll make him part of the hard partying irreverant foamie crew dubbed "dong shots".

Fiddler doesn't quite ring for me Tom. Its a funny name, but I'm looking for spoofs on paddlers...

Keep em coming!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bailey Fest 2012: August 10-12

Got it in the events section and will have a website up shortly.

I'm thinking Bailey is going to be the saviour of my season due to low snowpack.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts