Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great weekend! Big thanks Ian, American Whitewater, Oscar Blues, Confluence kayaks, the land owner that let us all camp in his field and the many other sponsors that helped make this event possible. Time to start the count down for the fourth annual Bailey fest! Remember none of this is possible without all the sponsors. If you won a prize of some sort you should thank the manufacturer for supporting Bailey fest! A Email or phone call thanking them for supporting events such as Bailey fest will help keep this event going. Thanks again Ian for making it happen.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thank you for getting this thread started! What a great weekend - thanks again to Ian and all the people involved in making this festival so amazing! Great to see so many familiar faces out there!

·
Registered
187 Posts
The flood of lost gear posts this morning speaks to how awesome a weekend it was. Great job on the Foamy course Ian!

Thanks again Ian for all the hard work making this happen. SYOTR

·
Registered
44 Posts
An awesome event. Ian the amount of work and effort you put in to make Bailey Fest happen just can't be over appreciated. Thanks so much.
Adam

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ian Rocks!!!
I/we would love an update... how many in attendance? (It seemed like a lot more people camping this year)
Also if any body has updates on those injured, it would be great to know that they are doing well ( as well as can be at least).

·
Registered
614 Posts
If I was the landowner, I’d be bothered about the vehicle traffic in muddy areas of the camping meadow.

Some of the damage could be reduced if there was a designated launch site at the camp. The ford at the upper end of the meadow is ideal for a put-in.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
The landowner was around while some of us were helping to clean up the party. I heard he was pretty psyched about the event so I wouldn't worry about it.

It was great to see so many familiar faces and people having a good time. I'll never forget peeling into the eddy above Supermax on Saturday, looking over my shoulder and seeing the banks just blanketed with people and a guy walking across the slackline over the middle of the rapid!

Big thanks to Ian and all the sponsors and volunteers that helped out.

Now if someone would just find my lost black Shred Ready helmet...

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Bailey Fest was awesome!

I'd guess we had 250 people camping Saturday night. We signed up 48 AW memberships. The foamie race was a riot! We filled the new north meadow campground.

The landowner requested the traffic pattern we used at camp and he was happy with the results. The meadow had a big event a month ago and you couldn't tell when we showed up.

Huge thanks to all who helped out!

See you next year!

Check into the world kayak photo and video comp for pics.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The Bailey Fest landowner called. He said he scoured the Fest site and all he found was a plastic fork. He was impressed by how clean we left the grounds and was looking forward to next year.

Thanks to all the folks who cleaned up!

·
Registered
703 Posts
How do you misplace your helmet???

No footage, I swam at mystery eddy....bootie beer completed.

Ian, thanks again, great festival! Next year add on 4-falls course into the supermax course for foamys?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Good form, Ian. Rock on and everyone, keep those videos coming!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I am in awe of you, Ian and all the folks who helped at BaileyFest. Golden River Sports was proud to be a sponsor and we look forward to doing the same in 2013. I would love to see more videos and pics!

Foamy course ROCKED!

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ian- Thanks bro. Everybody- Thanks for keeping it clean at camp so we can continue
having the festivities on the ranch I grew up on. I spoke with Bart (landowner) and he was once again impressed with our peer group and pleased as pie about our minimal impact on site. On another note- the dogs that get tied up all day at camp, rush passersby and bark incessantly- they are the reason for the "ban", that and the owners who don't pick up the doo. So-nobody likes obnoxious animals(kids, adults, dogs), train em or leave em at home instead of torturing your fellow boaters, else we retaliate!
BTW its still 468..... goin?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts