Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on bailey several times at 350ish and below. Can anyone tell me how it compares and boats at 600.

Thanks

·
Registered
989 Posts
What about Bailey at the mark of the beast? Current flow: 666cfs.

Rock.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I've heard a people say that it is not much harder at those levels but I tend to disagree with that. Last year there was a day where it spiked at about 750 and I saw someone get spanked starting at the 2nd drop in four falls with the spanking continuing down to the bottom of the rapid and they swam....never saw that before. I'm just an average IV and easy V- type of paddler, no superstar....but I say that it is a step up in difficulty and consequences when it starts getting up there.

I had paddled Bailey about 10 times before that day without a problem and I swam twice on the day it was 750. My fatal mistake was peeling out of the top eddy at Deer Creek too casually. My dick hurt for a month after that.

It's just like any other powerful rapids: they are easy as long as you stay on your line. Get off your line and start fucking up and then you start to agree with the ratings that have the major Bailey rapids at V-/V at that level.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Above 650 the 3 drops are V in my book and i would not want to spend any time in the bottom of super. Its wicked fun though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts