Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey got my car, phone, keys and wallet stolen at the takeout for Blackrock last sunday. I was always casual and never thought it would happen to me. Be carefull parking your car along clear creek. Bad people are out there!

Be safe
Kent

PS. I also lost all my bro's numbers. . . so if I haven't called you back you now know why.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Kent -- super sorry to hear that bro. That is such a downer and a huge hassle. Hope your stuff gets recovered and insurance makes you whole.

I was there with a friend a couple months ago and noticed some super sketchy "fisherman" that were hanging near our vehicles and not-so-indiscretely scoping them. Because of that, I pulled my car out and parked it in the paved pull-out next to rigo instead of the dirt area where these guys were. And I took my car key with me in my pfd, locking the clicker inside. I think I am going to do that from now on, because with all the p-o-s's haning around the canyon these days, can't be too careful.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Al - I'll be whole again hopefully soon. Prolly in time for Gore season. Send me a pm with your number so we can hook up for Gore and Bailey later this summer.

Kent

·
Registered
834 Posts
I was scouting Rigo when someone did a smash and grab on some woman's car that was parked in the gravel pullover across the bridge. Broke the window and took a camera bag in broad daylight while people were on the other side of the bridge. Nobody saw it happen.

Those are some bold thieves out there in Clear Creek Canyon.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Kent- Damn dude really sorry to hear that. I was wondering what was going on. Please call me if you need anything.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
That sucks Kent. Bummed to hear it.

If I see somebody with your car, I'll roundhouse kick first, ask questions later. Clear creek beatdown posse ready for mobilization.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
who's kayak did you steal first. you had to have some kind of bad karma or something.

good luck hunting down the meth head.

·
Registered
263 Posts
saw a busted up window glass lying on the ground at the pulloff below rigor last nite, and figured something bad had happened--was that where you were parked?

That totally sucks man, sorry to hear that. I park there all the time too.

Saw a guy last summer who's truck had just been broken into at the Red Rocks entrance #2 pulloff parking, stole his ipod, phone, wallet--so if you're riding over there watch out over there too...

fuckin' sucks--would love be able to catch shitheads like that and just beat the fucking tar outta them--that pisses me off that people think it's ok to take other people's shit

·
Registered
89 Posts
who's kayak did you steal first. you had to have some kind of bad karma or something.

casper- do you really think that makes him feel better saying shit like that? if you are going to reply, try giving a little boost of encouragement instead of knocking someone down when they are already feeling like shit.

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
fuckin' sucks--would love be able to catch shitheads like that and just beat the fucking tar outta them--that pisses me off that people think it's ok to take other people's shit
They wouldn't be missed.

YouTube - MJOLNIR

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
damn i said good luck. not trying to poor gas on the fire but seriously what can you do. im sorry? he doesn't give a shit if im sorry......
like i said good luck hunting down the meth heads

·
I kayak DH.
794 Posts
That sucks Kent. I'm the same way with my stuff, pretty casual. I can't remember the last time I locked my vehicle & I normally leave my keys on the seat, I guess I'm luckier than I realize (and have a crappy car...)
Hope insurance pays well at least.

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
That sucks Kent. When I had my boat ripped a few weeks ago, one of my first thoughts was: at least they didn't just take the whole truck.

I can't even imagine how lame that would be.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That sucks Kent. When I had my boat ripped a few weeks ago, one of my first thoughts was: at least they didn't just take the whole truck.

sorry to hear about that Kent...what time of day was it? Saw that glass as well did they bust your window out?

Dave, sucks about your boat, what happened?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear that Kent. I've been up in that area boating the last two weekends in a row with people. Guess we got lucky. Shitty to hear though and I hope the fuckheads get caught, and are dumb enough to try to use a credit card somewhere with surveillance so they get caught. Thanks for the heads up too man, it's starting to sound like Pueblo up there.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah you'd think huh? No I'm a pretty decent citizen. I bust my ass everyday helping out Veteran's at the VA hospital. Bad luck happens to all of us at times. I hope this never happens to anyone here. It's a total drag. Prolly meth heads like you said. . .

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I should have been on the Big South with my crew but I've been nursing a sore back lately and didn't think it would be a good idea headin up there all in pain. . . so I went to blackrock. Portages take the most toll. Had a five star day with a sick rigor line. All pumped up at the takeout only to find my car not there.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Bad Day

Hey got my car, phone, keys and wallet stolen at the takeout for Blackrock last sunday. I was always casual and never thought it would happen to me. Be carefull parking your car along clear creek. Bad people are out there!

Be safe
Kent

PS. I also lost all my bro's numbers. . . so if I haven't called you back you now know why.
Yeah, it was a bad day on BR. One guy broke a boat and another guy blew his shoulder in my crew. No bueno.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts