Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just paddled Slide Rock section of Oak Creek...Sedona guage was at like 3,000 cfs.

ALL the side creeks are going huge. My buddy who's a local said today was biggest flows he seen for years.

Dont know how long its gonna last...its still raining in Flag.

Upper Oak was def class 5 with all the wood moving around and eddies in the trees.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Big Day

Oak Creek was massive today. I'm pretty sure you could paddle anything you want in N AZ tomorrow morning. We watched Dry Beaver fill from completely dry to cranking near 4k cfs in 30 min. Had a fun surf at the bridge while dodging full sized trees in the creek. Hard to see that much water go away over night. Hopefully it was cold enough in the white mnts to hang on to some of this moisture.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Furk. So much for my April 1 Salt launch, it's all heading down the ditch.:(
Don't jinx the Salt season. Seems that shed is getting snow, between 1 and two inches water equivilent so far with more to come today and tomorrow. None of the Salt's tribs are flooding at present so the snowpack (what little there was) did not see rain. Fingers crossed.

The Verde on the other hand will be cresting huge sometime today. The real time numbers on that shed resemble a flash flood. I suspect boaters braving the Verde and Tribs will be dancing with trees, cars and fences.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Don't jinx the Salt season. Seems that shed is getting snow, between 1 and two inches water equivilent so far with more to come today and tomorrow. None of the Salt's tribs are flooding at present so the snowpack (what little there was) did not see rain. Fingers crossed.

The Verde on the other hand will be cresting huge sometime today. The real time numbers on that shed resemble a flash flood. I suspect boaters braving the Verde and Tribs will be dancing with trees, cars and fences.

Agreed! It is only the end of January after all. How many times have ya seen two or four feet of snowfall in Feb to late March time frame? I see no robust females tuning up to sing!

·
Registered
16 Posts
North central AZ is still bumping along. Looks like temp drops and a lower snow level tonight and tomorrow, so maybe it will keep giving for a few extra days.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
If it holds until this weekend I would like to go down. Might be able to leave by late Wednesday night... or Friday night for sure if it is still running. Really wish I was down there now.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Wow...hope it locks up with some snow. Wouldn't mind a spring trip down there. Or...in 2 weeks head down for a Chris Creek, Tonto and East Verde session. Maybe a play paddle on Verde. The guage is showing 12000 cfs right now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well...managed to grab the Verde from Beasley to Gap creek today. Put in at around 3400cfs and it was down to 2800 when we took out. Good run, had to thread around the trees a few times but the pre-falls and falls were moving pretty good. Good times, wish AZ flowed more often.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts