Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That storm last week really kicked in the early season here on the front range. Bear creek was aweome this past week. Boaters came out of the woodwork for a mass bear creek rally, and its still running. Who knows how long it will go? I did a quick guage check, and it appears that it hasn't run this high since 1999. Lots of fun, a few no fun falls rodeos, some egg throwing, and an all around good time, despite the high number of broken and dented boats.

The surfing at Union is awesome as well. We went out yesterday at 1700+ cfs and the features are great. Lots of boaters having fun. Watching a tuber get surfed in the 2nd to last drop was comedy. Some guy was out there with a surfboard, but I didn't see if he caught any of the waves. Some guys with a rinky dink IK were loading up in the parking low and told us they got worked and bailed. It was a zoo down there.

Plum creek is draining the foothills south of denver and dumps into chatfield res. Its been coming up everyday, and its over 2 grand this morning. I think the high chatfield release will continue until the high runoff inflow subsides. They could even release more? Anyone know what level the chatfield "magic wave" comes in? They are releasing 1450cfs right now

Waterton is up to 1300+ cfs! Wow that must be a 10 minute ride on a nonstop wave train. Anybody run it? I'd like to see it just out of curiosity.

Clear creek us up to runnable levels now too. Bummer that the canyon is closed. I emailed the CDOT guys and the project manager simply stated the "canyon is closed". No discussion. Oh well. It was worth asking the question.

What a great early season! Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
cbs4denver.com - Warning Issued For Recreation In S. Platte River

The news came down to union yesterday too. The video clip is on the right. They came up to our post surf beer drinking tailgate safety meeting for a little safety advice.

Looks like they issued a high water recreation alert. I guess the increased level of drunk ******** with no PFD's lauching anything that floats has got officials worried. On a serious note, its probably not a bad idea since that guy died there last year.

The fire / rescue guy said union was "above expert level". Ha ha! I bet that guy doesn't think numbers is class III.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Dude, you're famous! Saw you throwin' down on in No Fun Friday night and then in the news at Union. You're just a playboatin' fiend :D Have a good one.

SYOTR,
COUNT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts