Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that American Whitewater is working with the Durango/Silverton Railroad and Rockwood to put a trail in to Rockwood Gorge on the Animas River. I run Rockwood Gorge 20+ times a year and was wondering if this was true and if there is anything I can do to help? This is an amazing stretch of river, that allows Durango boaters quality boating almost all year long. This classic stretch should should have legal access and a quality trail to hike on. I am a member of American Whitewater and would be happy to help in any way possible.

T$

·
Registered
305 Posts
Nathan Fey

Hey Taylor, Nathan Fey at American Whitewater is who you want to talk to. His Email is nathan@americanwhitewater.org . Give him a shout and let us all know what is going on. I heard it is a part of Tacoma Powerplants relicensing. Tony, the REAL T$

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a reminder that if you are still running rockwood to go after 5pm.

On Monday my buddy (he's a jackass) talked me into running rockwood at 3pm. As we ran into heavy train traffic I realized what a rookie move this was. We were greeted by the sheriff at the end of our run, fortunatly the 40oz's were still on ice and the blunts were still sticky. He told us that he is being called at least once a week and this section is seeing increased preasure and the train is often pressing charges. We were lucky enough not to get a ticket. He also said, "I can't say it is legal after 5 but I won't get called". Just a reminder, so we don't just totally piss the train off.

The REAL T$

Not the ass clown that yard saled all of west water canyon on an oversized kickboard design for geriatric water aerobics.

PS-How's the traffic in Denver? Rafting is for tourists. "Temporary bitches..."

·
Registered
820 Posts
There is also a three hour window between about 11 and 2 when you will not see a train. Its not legal, but...

Also, just because the train has passed does not mean that its time to get back on the tracks. Remember the put-puts.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm in to help. Cosurfgod - you should also tell evryone 'bout the time you had your mp3 on too loud to hear the train and almost got run over. What were you rockin' out to again?

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
Mylie Cyrus

1 - 9 of 9 Posts