Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run a whitewater rafting program for a nonprofit that does outdoor trips for people with disabilities and inner city youth. We have a fleet of Avons (14' and 15') and I would like to add a third thwart to all of them but unfortunately can no longer get them from Avon (it seems they sold out as a company to MilPro). Does anyone have any used avon thwarts they'd be willing to see or have a lead on where we could purchase some? Thank!

·
Sponsoring Vendors
271 Posts
You don't necessarily need an Avon thwart. Are the attachments already on the rafts or will you need to add the thwart attachments? If you measure the interior width of those boats you can probably call around and find some thwarts that will work. Feel free to give us a call if you want to use different Hypalon thwarts.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm willing to trade it for something . Are you with the outdoor program of the OP? Currently there is no valve in it, but I think I have one. It's an Avon thwart.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a 16 ft Avon SB and no thwarts and no thwart attachments. I've thought about adding Aire style thwarts and lacing through the self bailing holes.

Any reason this wouldn't work?

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you make it up to the Rogue you could have SOTAR make and install new thwarts.

You could also think about just gluing in some foot cups for the middle paddler. I saw a bunch of foot cups for sale somewhere. They provide quite a bit of security and you don't lose the big open bath tub area in the middle for getting down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts