Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Avon community or patching wizards - I recently bought a 1987 Avon and I'm looking to make it air tight with material from the same era and buy a little extra to have on hand. Anyone out there have an old boat they are using as patch material or beta on where to get some?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Clavey might have older Avon material. I'd give them a try. If they don't, you can get hypalon material from NRS or Hyside. Also, Stabond will work on both PVC and Hypalon. Works nicely if you are trying to put PVC on hypalon...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's an avon on the classifieds for a couple hundred.....
Tempting...

Clavey might have older Avon material. I'd give them a try. If they don't, you can get hypalon material from NRS or Hyside. Also, Stabond will work on both PVC and Hypalon. Works nicely if you are trying to put PVC on hypalon...
Thanks for the thoughts. I didn't know you could trow PVC on Hypalon good to know. I carry a medium Hyside sheet for an emergency in the field I'm just trying to match it up right since I have the time this winter.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Try AAA. We bought some patch material from them a few years ago for our '87 Avon and it was a perfect match

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.