Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older mid nineties Avon and I want to replace the boot and valve on all the chambers with C-7 valves,recently I discovered one of the boots had cracked and I replaced it with a spare valve that I had on hand(works great) but I don't want to go thru another repair of a cracked boot. Who and which company would I contact for this. I want to replace the already repaired valve and the other three chambers. I'm willing to travel so I'm looking at any place within a day's drive from Salt Lake if need be. Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
for something easier on the the time and money than to drive it is just get an NRS, DRE or whoever boat bag and ship it Fedex Ground in one of those. $90-$125 has been my costs in the past but you can get a quote online, of course. the bags hold up well. i've used the bags for shipping my boat up and back to AK,ect.

zb, what's a ballpark $$$ per boot conversion on average? i have an older, low water beater avon with some older boots that might need fixing whenever I get back to CO.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just an FYI, replacing the guts on those old Leafield B valves isn't that difficult. If all your boots are cracking then you might want to go the route you've chosen, but you could also just do some preventive maintenance on the remaining valves for peace of mind. Or you could carry a B valve repair kit in your tool bag like I do. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts