Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the only forum I have ever visited that has no apparent limit to the size of someone's avatar. I don't want to piss anybody off, but it's pretty darned annoying to read a thread with huge pictures on the left, and it also scrunches up the space available for the actual text of the thread.

Not a big deal, but definitely mildly annoying. or is it just me?

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
and no its not just you. Any thread BSOE is involved is difficult to read.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
and no its not just you. Any thread BSOE is involved is difficult to read.
And yet well worth it. Personally, I like the tribute to Steve. But there are definately some that are annoying.

·
Super Moderator
3,972 Posts
Thanks for bringing this up. there are some that seem to take up most of the screen. I'd like to know how to make an appropriately-sized avatar too.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Mike Harvey said:
How do you create an avatar from a photo on your hard drive? Does the picture have to be located on the web somewhere?
With this software......Yes. I know of discussion boards that you can upload pictures like you suggest. Vbullitan might have that option.

Andy H said:
Thanks for bringing this up. there are some that seem to take up most of the screen. I'd like to know how to make an appropriately-sized avatar too.
I'm not sure how you resize them, but I usually use googe and 'advance search' images for set to small and type in a subject to search for. You usually don't want one over 80x80 pixels in size. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
989 Posts
gh..I'm shocked? What's amatter...you don't like the croc hunter? Thems fightin words.

Wait..guess I should watch my step. Don't want to get on the buzz squad's hit list.

Ah shit...lookin over my shoulder now.

·
Registered
989 Posts
There he is again
<---------
Larger than life...just how he lived. Don't make him grumpy. You'll end up in a headlock just like that big freshy.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
crikey!

·
Super Moderator
3,972 Posts
Cool!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts