Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the downpour coming down today does anyone in Austin, TX want to go kayaking? Txt me if you do 512-626-8461

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Good Ole' Gauley Boy
4 Posts
yep...

Hey! I just text'd you too.
I'm also in Austin. Totally willing to get out there.

Give me a ring 512-563-6515

-glen

·
Registered
974 Posts
I've had some good times tubing and swimming off of McKinney Falls... Idk what the rest of onion creek looks like, but a good park n huck session could be had at the park...unless they have closed the falls.

·
Abron Cabron
611 Posts
You guys need to message Kyle: (buzz name PaddlelikeHell) He is an Austin Loc and has a crew of boaters that get after it.... good dudes, Last seen em' on the Ark last summer.
There is a creek in Zilker park,and San Marcos, Guadalupe, And even a new playpark somewheres around san antonio..(i think)
Be safe out there!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Rock Creek/ Onion?

From what I remember- rock creek and onion creek offered some fun times to be had when raging. I also recall having to carry large wire cutters for barbed wire fences that popped up every now and then.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Hank, long time no see. We got out yesterday but the rains didn't really set anything off as it's mostly been slow and steady. Barton is in bt low this morning and Perd Falls is at a do-able level. Lots more rain in the forecast and everything is primed. None of us get on this board much and without a real forum of our own we mostly use FB. Are you on FB? If so friend me (Kyle Johnson) and I'll add you to the local paddling groups.

Thanks for the shout out Abe, I'm like Beetlejuice. Going to be on the front range this weekend for a SWR class with DSE. Back up in June for a tour on the Poudre, Ark Valley, and San Juan. Hit me up.

Off to paddle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts