Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what people use to attach bimini mounts and footman loops to diamond plate side rails. I got a new to me frame, and there are limited openings in the diamond plate. I was thinking a few footman loops would help out. I also want to add a bimini and attach it directly to the diamond plate. Obviously I don't want to put a screw through with the sharp end pointing at my rubber :shock:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Heavy duty aluminum rivets, you could use stainless but then you run in to issues with dissimilar metals and their reactions. Another option I really like are Chicago Screws, of course with some loctite!! They are nice and flush with NO sharp edges anywhere really and they look super clean.

Rivets are much more permanent and don't generally fall out but the back sides can be a little rough sometimes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used the bimini rails as well, attached to a long piece of 1x1. I used hose clamps wrapped in electrical tape to go around the frame and diamond plate. That way it doesn't scratch off the powder coat. It's pretty slick. I can open the bimini and then when I want to put it away, I can slide it all the way to the back of my raft behind the gear pile and rest it on the rear tube.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I saw the Bimini slides in other threads and may go that route. Chicago screws and lock tite look like exactly what I was looking for!
For those of you with the slides, did you mount them on the outside or inside edge? I'm hoping to still mount some 50 cal ammo cans on the decking by the captains chair.

·
"Just Read and Run Baby!"
77 Posts
I've used a drill, router and file to carve slots in the diamond plate, and use straps to tie things down.
DSCF0107.JPG
My bimini mount can be seen on the outer rail in front of the 50mm cans, just an aluminum tab welded in place.
IMG_1284.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts