Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Don't enough paddles get lost out there without making them camouflage? :confused:

·
Registered
735 Posts
It has good visibility in the water. An awesome paddle at a great price. The top paddles in the world are all black like the AT SL and all the Werner high end paddles like Double D's, Stikines, etc... All of which are harder to see than orange or yellow. Which is a more common color for entry level paddles like the Werner Rio(yellow) Entry level paddles get dropped more, so maybe that is why they are made bright.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Don't enough paddles get lost out there without making them camouflage? :confused:
My EXACT reaction the INSTANT I saw that paddle.

I'm SICK of manufactures putting out good paddles that are impossible to find if they have a few inches of water flowing over them. If one of these paddles ends up under water it is GONE.

I wish more manufacturers used bright yellow like those old yellow Woody Kreekers. Roy, you just absolutely cannot lose your Woody and I know that for a fact. It is a bright beacon of light, like a 6ft. banana.

I love my AT paddles but they match the color of creek water quite well. That is why they each have about half a roll of yellow electrical tape on them. I'm getting sick of re-applying tape to the blades every season.

It would be nice if someone would do the obvious and manufacture a good paddle that you can see under water.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
WAHH don't like tapping your blades? some cry babies out there for sure. feel free to send me one if you need more testing......... or better yet can i exchange an older at3 for this one?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Wish I had known about these before I ordered a AT4-River... I loved my standard AT3 I sold in nepal after 200+ days.

Any way to special order one with a 10 degree off set or did they destroy the molds?

·
Registered
178 Posts
huh

So 40% off 360 [Advertised base price] is 216. Great deal..... but no! The price is 269. When I call them on it, the store says they made a mistake and it is 33% off. OK,,, 33% puts the price at 241, not the 269 still advertised. Get it together folks.

·
Registered
834 Posts
WAHH don't like tapping your blades? some cry babies out there for sure....
I don't mind tapping my blades, I do it all the time. I tap them on rocks to keep myself out of undercuts, sometimes I cheat and tap them on a rock to keep my balance. I tap so much that I wore out a few Werners and that is why I paddle ATs now. You can tap them forever and the blades don't wear away.

It is the constant TAPING that I don't like.

As for being a cry baby, I will not deny that.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I don't mind tapping my blades, I do it all the time. I tap them on rocks to keep myself out of undercuts, sometimes I cheat and tap them on a rock to keep my balance. I tap so much that I wore out a few Werners and that is why I paddle ATs now. You can tap them forever and the blades don't wear away.
Yup......absolutely LOVE my AT3......best paddle I've ever owned. I have beat the livin crap out of it and I foresee many more beatings......250+ days and it's still bomber.

I don't get why peeps are willing to dish out the $$$$ for Werner's. Yes, I paddled with them for years.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I don't get why peeps are willing to dish out the $$$$ for Werner's. Yes, I paddled with them for years.
Retracted........I haven't priced paddles in years cause my AT is so kick ass. I see that when I need to replace mine it'll cost the same as a Werner. When I bought it there was a difference..........big time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts