Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Immediate Release
Date: 11/7/08

Asheville, NC - The Astral Buoyancy Company officially announced that the new Greenjacket has been approved by the US Coast Guard. This highly anticipated whitewater rescue jacket continues Astral’s legacy of producing truly innovative and environmentally considerate buoyancy products for the core market. Originally slated for release in Spring 2008, the testing process had been extended until October when the jacket passed as a pullover entry. Today the final paperwork arrived at Astral’s Asheville, NC headquarters.

The Greenjacket is the successor to Astral’s popular Aquavest 300 and Wonderpro series, and is designed on the platform of Foam Tectonics where the front buoyancy panels are split into two parts. This separation enables the paddler to have unrestricted freedom of movement as well as the ability to customize the height of the front panel. The Greenjacket is offered in three size options, providing an excellent fit to both women and men. The Greenjacket provides increased back protection over previous models and Astral’s signature safety features like an integrated throwbag pocket and spectra safety loop.

Philip Curry, owner of Astral ecstatically commented that “November 4, 2008 will be a day we happily remember for a long time, the Coast Guard finally approved our kickass new rescue jacket, and the people of USA chose Barack Obama our next president.”

The Greenjacket is constructed without toxic PVC and carcinogenic neoprene. All excess raw materials are recycled.

For additional information on the Astral Buoyancy Company visit www.astralbuoyancy.com

MSRP $209.95

--
Bryan Owen
Astral Buoyancy Company
895 Broadway St.
Asheville, NC 28804

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Nice, bout time. :mrgreen:

Bowen, some people were discussin this on another forum, somebody said it was built around the Willis. Does it have the same slim, sleek fit to it?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Nice work Astral!

We have all been highly anticipating this jacket, which looks to be the most progressive, functional and well thought out rescue and creeking PFD ever built.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
What is the excitement about around this PFD? I am looking for a new rescue vest, but I specifically want higher flotation (>20 lbs). I'm just curious, is it the no-PVC aspect, or something else? So far the only higher buoyancy rescue vest I've found is extrasport.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The astral jackets have some nice features like integrated pockets for throwbags and towlines and spectra tie in loops for rappels. Apparently, their other rescue vest has issues with how it rides, whereas this one is modeled after the very successful design of another jacket, the willis.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts