Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys & Gals!

My name’s Ben. I’m from Vermont and I am a new England guy at heart! I live in the Aspen area and have been in the roaring fork valley for over a decade now. I have been whitewater kayaking for almost 20 years now, learning as a teenager while attending high school at a Nee Hampshire ski racing high school. They had some of us in legit class five waters within 4-5 months. I’ve boated all over the country, competing for few years in my early 20’s. I have also been a certified paramedic for the better part of two decades and have extensive medical and swift water training, and all the necessary equipment. I have worked in whitewater shops, safety kayaking, raft guiding, and as a kayak instructor at Cornell university for a year. I have wheels, time, and am looking to boat. I’ve had a rough couple of years that started with some serious injuries and I’m just now back to the point where I can boat again after a couple years not boating at all. It’s like riding a bike, but After the injuries and a couple years off I’m not 20 year old any more so I’m looking for some NEW (OR OLD!) kayak partners. And I just want to get out with some people who have a little patience as I get going again in case it takes a few weeks to get the swing of things. Went to glenwood and surfed at higher water and surprisingly had a great session. Rolls were fine, threw a few big air blunts but didn’t really push it . It’s just about getting the muscle memory firing at full speed again. And I’m being just being transparent so I don’t go hit the upper pan with someone to tell them on the shuttle I haven’t hit a creek in over two years. But I am a solid paddler, you can check out YouTube or Facebook videos if you’d like. I’m Looking to get some slaughterhouse runs in before it’s done, the upper pan, numbers, browns, barrel, always down for a wave sesh, Bailey, gore, to name a few. Hit me up on Facebook (Ben Levy), Phone/Text:970-366-2305, email [email protected]. Any day, anywhere with enough notice for the most part! Looking forward to being back on the river again!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts