Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have occasion to go to Asheville at the end of January. What's running in the class IV to V range then?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Are the bigger drops on the green river narrows mandatory or can they easily be walked?
They're all easily portaged. Go Left has a nice sneak, Sunshine is just a walk and boat lower with a rope, then Gorilla is a sweet seal launch into the slides.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're all easily portaged. Go Left has a nice sneak, Sunshine is just a walk and boat lower with a rope, then Gorilla is a sweet seal launch into the slides.
Thanks dude. So do you think it would be worthwhile to bring my boating gear if I was in the area for a couple of days? I imagine I could probably find a local boater or two to tag along with.

Are there other sections of the green that are worthy of creek boating?

·
Registered
10 Posts
definitely bring boat and/or gear . winter is their on season so a lot of stuff should be running. everything on the green narrows can be portaged and if you are the class IV-Vminus boater looking to step it up a little the green is the place to go. there will always be someone to run it with too. you can also boat the upper green which is a solid III_IV intro to creeking run, i usually like to paddle the upper into the narrow so i get a good long class IVish warm up and dont have to hike my boat down since the upper put in is road level and there is no need to walk down a steep trail

1 - 6 of 6 Posts