Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to do some birthday weekend boating. Interested in anything from laps on Pine Creek to floating Big Bend - Salida. Maybe even Royal Gorge. Did the cold spell put a hold on Ark boating, or is it all still good to go? I see flows are down a bit, but probably still enough H2O to enjoy? (especially given some warmer, sunnier weather soon to come)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I'll likely paddle this coming weekend. Not sure how open we are above BV. Twin Lakes release is reduced from 250ish to 115ish so 170ish in the Numbers/Fractions today and we've had some cold nights. I paddled this past Saturday before the reduction and the rio was not heavily iced. I'll check the ice in a day or two. sub 200cfs can be real fun ELFing on the right stretches. PM me if you want.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I could be interested in running something on Sunday, contingent on receiving my dry suit back from repairs before the weekend. I would probably prefer the royal gorge if it is running, but would be up for anything within striking distance for a day run from denver.

Brian
five026407530

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Gannon, wrong Arkansas. Rip it up down ther!

And right now I'm leaning towards Numbers in a hard boat Saturday, easier run Sunday if there is enough h2o to float a raft further downstream.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts