Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on spending this weekend on the Ark. Please tell me that Pine Creek and the Numbers are still fun below 600. Any idea if these late season flows will ever improve? I have faith!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yes they are at fun levels. Pine Creek hole is easy to avoid if you choose to, but it is easier to just boof over. It's not even really sticky at this level.

Take the play boat.

The numbers are good to go. Still class IV, but not as pushy.

As far s the levels improving?

Sure there are a few patches of snow on the mountains, but the meaningful snow is gone. They may release a few extra hundred cfs for 4th of July weekend or something, but don't hold your breath for a huge spike.

I'm guessing that what we are seeing today will be with us for the rest of the summer, give or take. Kinda nice, actually. Less crowds.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ran The Numbers through #5 at 350 cfs at the beginning of the season and found it to be lusciously deep with plenty of water.

I have been getting into some shallow fast creeks this season, so my perspective may be skewed.

But 350 cfs seemed to be a fun level, and not too bony.
Only a couple of places between rapids where you had to pay attention to stay in the channel and not bump.
Also, some of the rapids did involve slight rock contact, moreso than when I ran it last season at 1000 cfs.

Some have said that it does get very bony beneath #5 at 350ish, although I cannot confirm.
We took out after #5 to be safe.
-Dan
http://www.savagesnow.com/whitewater_kayaking/1_learning_to_kayak_photos.html

·
Registered
22 Posts
Numbers good for the rest of season

The numbers have awesome play until about 450 cfs. One of the best holes on the river forms at around 500 between #4 and #5. Definitely bring the play boat.

·
Registered
29 Posts
numbers tomorrow

I'll be up at the numbers put in tomorrow around 1030 if anyone wants to run it. look for a red pickup with a yellow delirious.

hope to see some folks there.

ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts