Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to run the Royal Gorge or possibly Pine Creek/ Numbers this weekend. Wondering if anyone has been down these runs recently and if there are any ice bridges. I'm a little concerned since it has been so cold lately. Any info is appreciated, thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
Rapid 1 was a slushy, icy mess yesterday on the way to ski. Not as cold last night and warmer today.... I would want an updated visual, but there is a good chance it will be open again by tomorrow. Flows were shut down, FYI. Back to ELF levels.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Just drove up to #5 and back. Lots of slush and ice moving right now. Didn't see any actual bridges but it was quite tight in some of the usual spots. I wouldn't put on today and I am very ice and low water tolerant. Hard to say about tomorrow. Not supposed to get real warm today and water continues to be ELF. Sunday would probably be a better bet.

·
Registered
384 Posts
PC should be fine, but the river right bank will be very snowy. I'm sure the climb out would not be easy. Also, as of yesterday the parking area was mostly a snow bank from the road plow, but there is still some parking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts