Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the ark will continue to fall until Aug 15? I just noticed its under 700 and it kind of seems a little early.

·
Registered
676 Posts
i was told over the weekend that whoever owns the lake that dumps into the ark (twin lakes?) is working on the dams, thus the reason for the flows jumping around like they have been.....

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
this is probably what you will get until aug 15th.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i was told over the weekend that whoever owns the lake that dumps into the ark (twin lakes?) is working on the dams, thus the reason for the flows jumping around like they have been.....
it's clear creek reservoir, and has already been drained throught the season.

It will be completely drained by the end of the season, since there isn't much native flow coming into it now.

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
Right now the flows in Salida are about 700cfs. The flows in Pueblo are 974cfs. The reason for this is that the Pueblo Board of Water Works is moving some of the water it is leasing. I was told by the reporter who covers water for The Pueblo Chieftain that this will only last about a week. Then the only way water gets above six or sever hundred cfs is if there is significant rain on the upper Ark valley.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Right now the flows in Salida are about 700cfs. The flows in Pueblo are 974cfs. The reason for this is that the Pueblo Board of Water Works is moving some of the water it is leasing. I was told by the reporter who covers water for The Pueblo Chieftain that this will only last about a week. Then the only way water gets above six or sever hundred cfs is if there is significant rain on the upper Ark valley.
so after this week the level is supposed to be sub 600 for the rest of the season?

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
There are so many variables to predicting flows, but there is a good chance they won't climb much higher than current levels unless there are some good rains. Moving water from one storage location to another and all that trading of water shares can shake things up a bit, but most likely we have seen the best flows of the season and now it is time to boat what is left.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts