Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm coming from utah to raft this weekend. Looking to join up with folks for some day runs. I'm either going to r2 a 12 footer or have some more people in a 14 fter. Also any knowledge where to camp on blm or national forest ?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
228 Posts
There was just another thread with lots of info about camping options. Search function - or just take 2 minutes and look in the forums - shouldn't be too far down.

·
El Chupanibre
133 Posts
I'm coming from utah to raft this weekend. Looking to join up with folks for some day runs. I'm either going to r2 a 12 footer or have some more people in a 14 fter. Also any knowledge where to camp on blm or national forest ?

Hecla Junction is nice, so is Ruby Mtn. Most of the runnable river is a state park, in the Browns Canyon area there is camping on Mt Shavano, and Chalk Creek

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
3 Posts
There's tons of blm camping in Buena Vista. However, you must have a camping pan and some sort of portable toilet. The rangers will ticket you if you don't have these things.

·
Skibum66
79 Posts
Said a east is probably the most convenient. Camp and make day runs. It's free and there is also a ramp. 10 minutes to Salida by bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts