Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything boatable in a mini-max, r2?
Looks like 225-ish cfs at Nathrop. Not looking for excitement, just to get on the river. Class 2 or mellow 3 would be fine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks like 225-ish cfs at Nathrop. Not looking for excitement, just to get on the river. Class 2 or mellow 3 would be fine.
[/QUOTE

Bring your hiking boots. If you fall in, stand up, dust yourself off and climb back onto your raft.

It's doable, but you'll be doing some tugging.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah....I kind of figured. Thanks.

·
Registered
998 Posts
There are still some sections running, Hecla to Stonebridge will work with a few shallow areas to drag across, so will just about anything from Big Bend down. A couple places in Brown's and Squaw Creek just above Big Bend are show stoppers. I ran an R-6 down to Salida this past weekend and it was great. The 12' self bailer performed way better than the paddle cat. Yes you will get stuck, but not so much that it sucks or you'd regret it. Caveat: It remains above 200 cfs, I've been using the state gauge at the Hwy 291 bridge: ARKSALCO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts