Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it is - they are finally going to let it rip below Twin Lakes.

We will be at 2400+ here in BV tomorrow....

That is all.

·
Registered
735 Posts
All,

Today on the Fry-Ark Project we have started to wrap up exchanges against native inflows. Additionally, we are starting to see run-off inflows increase into Twin Lakes. As a result, we will be ramping up releases from Twin Lakes to Lake Creek over the next 36 hours. The anticipated schedule for increases to releases is as follows:

Today, June 10, 3 p.m.: 270 cfs, bringing total release to about 290 cfs.
At 8 p.m. we will add another 250, bringing the total release to around 540 cfs.
Tomorrow, June 11, at 7 a.m. we will increase a third time by 250 cfs bringing the total release to Lake Creek to 790 cfs.

Depending on run-off conditions, we might add a fourth increase later in the afternoon on June 11. I will keep you posted.

Please let me know if you have any related questions,
Best,
Kara

--
Kara Lamb
Public Information Officer
Bureau of Reclamation
Eastern Colorado Area Office
(970) 962-4326
Reclamation: GP Area Offices

·
Have paddled a Quest
102 Posts
Thanks for the info, Kara!

:D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Juicy Sweetness

I just got out of the Royal Gorge about 45 minutes ago. It was good at 1780, but 2500+ will be wonderful. Awesome. I didn't think we were gonna see that much this year. An unexpected surprise.

Thanks for the information Kara.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As usual... just in time for making Thursday's Pine Creek race a rowdy one :D

Man what a race it used to be. Kinda sad to see it change to a couple timed runs this year (no head to head heats) as the 4 boat heats were amazing to watch... Also going to miss talking shit about who will even make the finals. It will still be fun just a different race.

Marco I think that one and a half may come in this afternoon and we will be missing you up there today buddy ;)!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Man what a race it used to be. Kinda sad to see it change to a couple timed runs this year (no head to head heats) as the 4 boat heats were amazing to watch... Also going to miss talking shit about who will even make the finals. It will still be fun just a different race.

Marco I think that one and a half may come in this afternoon and we will be missing you up there today buddy ;)!
I'm not sure how I feel about using the language of "the good ole days" ;) But the head to head races of the past were pretty awesome.

And the last time I tried to surf 1 and 1/2 at 2000 was when you told me it was good to go at this level. The beat down that pursued was enough to remind me that I don't surf this thing until it stands up into a wave at 2800.

Have fun up there! I'll be thinking of you while I'm sitting in a classroom today. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be at 2800 this weekend when I try to make it up there.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One and a half is starting to stand up - it was great and not a beater hole last night. All the play spots are in. Not sure how long it will last but it is goood up in the numbers right now ;)..

Crazy to think that we will see 2900 in Browns today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts