Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick heads up. The Granite gauge is showing 156 cuz of a cut of 40 or so cfs out of Twin Lakes. We're at the bottom of the diurnal cycle this time of day but even with the coming warm days we're probably looking at only a 30 cfs cycle based on the past ten days. Pine Creek is fine at these flows but IMO the paddle into #1 is too shallow. 4 thru 7 still goes with the flat between 5 and 6 a lot easier to paddle than the entry to #1. There's no word yet on the water flow announcement page, sure hope they don't cut it any further.

I continue to really enjoy paddling at these levels but for those of you driving a distance, thought you might want this info.

Detail Graph

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yikes Phil, thats a tough flow. I think I'll be headed to Shoshone or NM until things pick up. Good for you for getting out there though. I know I'll be elfing Upper Blue once it hits 200cfs, only 20mins from home.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cut another 30 yesterday. The "melt" is bringing the diurnal cycle up to 200 right now. Still fun boating to be had. Wonder what the peak will be this year?

·
Registered
73 Posts
awww... poor ark valley boaters getting their flows cut? i guess you get a little used to raping our water from the other side of the divide and consider it "your own". at least we still have women under 200lbs and sans facial hair over here. rivalry re-ignited

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
this may be the year for elfin'.... upr.Blue at 200 is high by some people's standards.... duckied it at 126 once with some rafters who got in ducks ... sounds ridiculous ,was more fun than you 'd think ... of course going with rafters i had maybe 15 beers so fun is a relative term.. drunken bumper cars..

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like we're looking at the lowest flows right now. The 30cfs we were stealing from T-Boss' mom is now being replaced by natural flow. With the cold weather the diurnal cycle was reduced and we're dropping to 134cfs with only a 20cfs boost from melt. Maybe this warm weather will show us 200cfs again.

"BOR Update - Wednesday, April 04, 2012
GENERAL
As snow pack continues to diminish and native flow increases, we will discontinue our movement of water from Twin Lakes to Pueblo Reservoir.
Twin Lakes Dam
Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 1200 Hours
Discontinue the project release of 30 cfs from Twin Lakes to Pueblo Reservoir. The 30 cfs will convert to native flow; therefore, a gate change will not be required."

Detail Graph

1 - 7 of 7 Posts