Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
below 2nd gorge. this thing gonna hold until sat.? looks like the early am is the highest flows?

·
Front Range Swim Team
73 Posts
Morning is definitely where the water is according to the gauge. It looks like it might hold until the weekend, but it might not. Then again, "hold" is a relative term. I would say that 180 or so would be a good barebones minimum on this thing, but I know some people have run it down to 60cfs or some crazy nonsense like that. I cant even imagine what the non-gorged sections of the run are like at that level.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I think it peaks in the evening at the actual run, but takes a while for the water to get down through the beaver ponds to the gauge. I would call 200-250 a reasonable minimum.

·
addict
744 Posts
The gauge shows clear creek ark peaking after midnight, with lowest flow roughly 12 hours later. So the later in the evening you run it, the higher the flow will be. The water does take a couple hours to reach the gauge a few miles downstream. For example, 225 on the gauge at 6:00 pm might really be 275 at the put in.

http://www.dwr.state.co.us/SurfaceWater/data/detail_graph.aspx?ID=CCACCRCO&MTYPE=DISCHRG

Anything below 300 is boat breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts