Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
addict
741 Posts
Looks like there's potential this week for a high water descent of Pine Creek if it gets over 4k.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
806 Posts
I don't get this. Drove over Independance today and it looked to me like Twin Lakes was still ? 5' below full pool. Not my home waters so maybe there's more going on, but not sure why the "emergency" release.

Lake Creek was cooking.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Also did some poking around on the way up from BV. No kayak since the truck was packed for my Deso trip starting Monday, but it was fun looking.

I'd forgotten how much #5 changes from the usual low water run. Big right turn with the island partially under water and a left channel which looked like a no go from my views. #4 was pretty juicy too. Swim there and you MIGHT get out before the BV play park. :)

I meant to stop at Scott's bridge and see if I could see the gauge for old times, back when we talked vertical feet rather than cubic ones. Is it still there?

·
Registered
358 Posts
You guys get a psa when the water comes up and goverment assistance anytime you wrap a boat? I have never heard of anything like this in Wa. Or. and Id.. Lol colobrahdo.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I don't get this. Drove over Independance today and it looked to me like Twin Lakes was still ? 5' below full pool. Not my home waters so maybe there's more going on, but not sure why the "emergency" release.

Lake Creek was cooking.
Lake Creek is often the product of an artificial increase in flows with project water coming into the creek from Grizzly Reservoir (in the Roaring Fork Basin). Water from both sides of continental divide end up in those reservoirs so there is still a lot of water to come.

·
Registered
820 Posts
For anyone out there who is a solid kayaker who like huge waves, I would highly recommend the royal gorge at 5500. Numbers at 4000 is real fun too. Way too few kayakers out there this weekend. Seriously, you should go there now.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts