Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just moved to Tempe and would like to get in touch with any boaters. Fossil creek sounds like it's got some water year round? Any creeks coming in with the monsoon rains? It would be great to meet some other kayakers down here. Thanks!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hey man and welcome to the forum and the great (but dry) State of AZ! I have an IK and a raft. The Verde river is a nice float. Real lazy in most stretches so there isn't really any whitewater. It is in the trees though and is defiantly a nice way to beat the heat. The upper Salt has low water this time of year, but with the rain recently I heard it jumped to something like 3,800 cfs last week. We were in Colorado doing a couple day runs on the Ark at the time.

There aren't a lot of AZ boaters, so if you want someone to boat with send me a PM.

Steven

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
Oak Creek above and below Sedona is an Arizona staple. Not quite in yet, but one more good day of rain and it might come in. Class 4 above town and class 3 below town. There are quite a few boaters in the Flagstaff area. I would try to connect with some of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome. Oak creek sounds great, would definitely like to get on that. If anyone knows someone who is boating this weekend I'd love to get in touch with them.

Maybe labor day salt trip? InflatableSteve? My gf and I have inflatable SUP's that are good for low water

·
Registered
181 Posts
Awesome. Oak creek sounds great, would definitely like to get on that. If anyone knows someone who is boating this weekend I'd love to get in touch with them.

Maybe labor day salt trip? InflatableSteve? My gf and I have inflatable SUP's that are good for low water

Won't make the Salt on LD--two days on the road. Watch the weather cuz it'll drop quickly if the rain stops.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Although the AZ Yahoo paddling groups has a fraction

of the activity of 2-3 years ago, they still can be helpful for meeting people and arranging trips.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/desert_paddlers/info

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/monsoonwarriors/info

Although it is a personal website, there is quite a bit of local information that can be found at my site: PaddleOn

Several of us are anticipating paddling somewhere this weekend with all the monsoon water. Don't hesitate to contact me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
AZ boating

Hi All AZ kayakers,
Glad to see there are some of you out there. I'm feeling a little discombobulated this weekend as there is good flow, and my two kayak buddies are out of town, and I'm in front of a computer. I've got the addiction and will pretty much always be up for a run. I've gotten comfortable doing the upper Salt day run and the Verde below Beasley in my XP10, and am seriously looking at buying the Fluid Bazooka for Oak Creek and some of the tighter creeks.

Inflat Steve,
I'm a fellow Cave Creeker, be happy to do the Box Bar run with you sometime.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just got off the Salt daily and heading to Verde today. meeting at Gap creek take out at 10. Lots of AZ boaters, maybe I am just surrounded by them. Check out Moonsoon warriors on yahoo. Feel free to get in touch. The key to living in AZ is watch the gauges and have gear ready to go at any given moment. We seem to play on the water a bunch.

Tony

1 - 13 of 13 Posts